PDA

View Full Version : Grr hate confrontation!!

smurfette
12-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Had to have words with a parent this am, very unpleasant I am such a wuss.!

I specify money must be in my account and cleared By Friday, week in advance . Lo started in sept And I am cross Because I have just changed my day off to accommodate then with no respect in return. Money is never in Friday. Comes from another bank so takes a couple of days to clear so I am lucky if I get it Monday or Tuesday. This week again not in in time, mum apologised and said would drop it in cash on sat. For a month. (I don't mind if a month or week but she did say month!) arrived Sunday through door when not in. Just a week. Text to say sorry we forgot. Not good enough! Not sure payment has ever been on time , either it's cash and they only drop it in on Sunday or at start of week or its bacs and nor paid across in time .. I have told them from another bank it needs to be paid by Wednesday so I can have it by Friday in order to buy food for their little darling!

Dad came in this am and apologised apparently he was down country on a job that went pair shaped and he had to stay over and finish it sat am. He had all the bank cards (really?!) and so she couldn't take money out. But it wasn't paid Til Sunday ! I wasn't very articulate lol and told hi. It was getting on my wick 😱 but also that it wasn't the first second or third time it has happened, and I hated having to chase for it and talk about money. That it needed to be sorted as I didn't want to fall out with them or have to discontinue contract. He said it wouldn't happen again (think he has said that three times in past) so I said I appreciated it wasn't done on purpose (think really just not bothering!) and I understand it takes time to get adjusted to paying childcare back to work etc but it would be great if it was sorted out now. He stayed for a chat after that so think it's ok. But I am sure he is embarrassed (good!) maybe I went over the top but it's four months going on now weekly! Such lovely people and baby is fab but can't do this every week it's stressing me out. I get stressed and anxious then about confronting them and then I blow my top at home (got a lot on my plate at moment ) and that's not fair on my family is it?! 😞

mumofone
12-01-2016, 09:57 AM
Had to have words with a parent this am, very unpleasant I am such a wuss.! I specify money must be in my account and cleared By Friday, week in advance . Lo started in sept And I am cross Because I have just changed my day off to accommodate then with no respect in return. Money is never in Friday. Comes from another bank so takes a couple of days to clear so I am lucky if I get it Monday or Tuesday. This week again not in in time, mum apologised and said would drop it in cash on sat. For a month. (I don't mind if a month or week but she did say month!) arrived Sunday through door when not in. Just a week. Text to say sorry we forgot. Not good enough! Not sure payment has ever been on time , either it's cash and they only drop it in on Sunday or at start of week or its bacs and nor paid across in time .. I have told them from another bank it needs to be paid by Wednesday so I can have it by Friday in order to buy food for their little darling! Dad came in this am and apologised apparently he was down country on a job that went pair shaped and he had to stay over and finish it sat am. He had all the bank cards (really?!) and so she couldn't take money out. But it wasn't paid Til Sunday ! I wasn't very articulate lol and told hi. It was getting on my wick dde31 but also that it wasn't the first second or third time it has happened, and I hated having to chase for it and talk about money. That it needed to be sorted as I didn't want to fall out with them or have to discontinue contract. He said it wouldn't happen again (think he has said that three times in past) so I said I appreciated it wasn't done on purpose (think really just not bothering!) and I understand it takes time to get adjusted to paying childcare back to work etc but it would be great if it was sorted out now. He stayed for a chat after that so think it's ok. But I am sure he is embarrassed (good!) maybe I went over the top but it's four months going on now weekly! Such lovely people and baby is fab but can't do this every week it's stressing me out. I get stressed and anxious then about confronting them and then I blow my top at home (got a lot on my plate at moment ) and that's not fair on my family is it?! dde1e

Yep I'm having a family that are paying late now every month for as long as I can remember, am having to chase every month and I hate it :-(

BallyH
12-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Had to have words with a parent this am, very unpleasant I am such a wuss.!

I specify money must be in my account and cleared By Friday, week in advance . Lo started in sept And I am cross Because I have just changed my day off to accommodate then with no respect in return. Money is never in Friday. Comes from another bank so takes a couple of days to clear so I am lucky if I get it Monday or Tuesday. This week again not in in time, mum apologised and said would drop it in cash on sat. For a month. (I don't mind if a month or week but she did say month!) arrived Sunday through door when not in. Just a week. Text to say sorry we forgot. Not good enough! Not sure payment has ever been on time , either it's cash and they only drop it in on Sunday or at start of week or its bacs and nor paid across in time .. I have told them from another bank it needs to be paid by Wednesday so I can have it by Friday in order to buy food for their little darling!

Dad came in this am and apologised apparently he was down country on a job that went pair shaped and he had to stay over and finish it sat am. He had all the bank cards (really?!) and so she couldn't take money out. But it wasn't paid Til Sunday ! I wasn't very articulate lol and told hi. It was getting on my wick 😱 but also that it wasn't the first second or third time it has happened, and I hated having to chase for it and talk about money. That it needed to be sorted as I didn't want to fall out with them or have to discontinue contract. He said it wouldn't happen again (think he has said that three times in past) so I said I appreciated it wasn't done on purpose (think really just not bothering!) and I understand it takes time to get adjusted to paying childcare back to work etc but it would be great if it was sorted out now. He stayed for a chat after that so think it's ok. But I am sure he is embarrassed (good!) maybe I went over the top but it's four months going on now weekly! Such lovely people and baby is fab but can't do this every week it's stressing me out. I get stressed and anxious then about confronting them and then I blow my top at home (got a lot on my plate at moment ) and that's not fair on my family is it?! 😞

Every self employed person will have some people who do not pay on time. There has been many threads on here before. Some people introduced a 'late fee charge'. I don't do this. You have to be careful that you will/won't charge and then if you let then off the first time then next time they will also be late. Others have charged and the parent was not late paying again. Plus, it may not be 'legal' with your insurance company.
Why do they pay weekly? Would you not change to monthly bills? Maybe offer them that opportunity as they propably feel they've just paid you, yes 3 days late, and you want paying again. All my contracts are monthly. Some cm's get paid in advance, some a month behind (that's me). We shouldn't have to wait to be paid, beyond what wr have agreed in the contract, but unfortunately we sometimes do and it's very annoying. In this job we wear many hats and it is very hard to chat pleasantly to a parent on pickup about their lo and then suddenly but our accountant and business person hat on, change the tone completely and ask to be paid on time in future. Communication is key here. Keep chasing the parent. Best of luck.

smurfette
12-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Thanks . I have specified I don't mind if its weekly or monthly but as long as it's in advance. I have once been paid a month at a time and then this week they said it would be a month but they only gave me a week. Possibly they are having money problems but that isn't my problem is it?

smurfette
12-01-2016, 12:03 PM
I do have a clause in my contract that allows a ten euro a day late payment fee. I don't have a legal / insurance team we have no such back up here in Ireland unfortunately, and have done my own contract. I didn't mention it to dad this am as I would rather not have them decide that it's ok to pay two days late and just throw me €20
Extra, I am not sure this will solve the problem!

smurfette
13-01-2016, 09:36 AM
Hmm no show so far this am... Mum said when she was leaving yest on pick up that she knew I had had a word with dad and she was sorry again and would pay balance this evening. Hasn't ! Not worried though because its been paid for this week so far . Hope they not doing a runner!!

smurfette
13-01-2016, 10:12 AM
Here now!!

bunyip
13-01-2016, 06:12 PM
How did it go?

It's a while since you posted.......................

................hope that's not because you were so 'assertive' with mum that you're now in custody with the Garda? ;)

smurfette
13-01-2016, 09:19 PM
How did it go? It's a while since you posted....................... ................hope that's not because you were so 'assertive' with mum that you're now in custody with the Garda? ;)

lol! No .. It's ok dh would get me out if did!

Parents have been fine with me but no others payment been made. Next weeks due Friday so will see if it comes!!

bunyip
14-01-2016, 05:17 PM
lol! No .. It's ok dh would get me out if did!

Parents have been fine with me but no others payment been made. Next weeks due Friday so will see if it comes!!

Hah ! :clapping: I forgot your man could pull a few string on the legal side of things. In which case, you just need to ransom the lo if payment is not forthcoming on Friday. :rolleyes:

smurfette
14-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Hah ! :clapping: I forgot your man could pull a few string on the legal side of things. In which case, you just need to ransom the lo if payment is not forthcoming on Friday. :rolleyes:

Indeedy! But what do you know?! Two weeks money just appeared in my account. Yay no chasing money this week or next . Phew! Here is to a more peaceful non anxiety filled weekend!

bunyip
14-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Indeedy! But what do you know?! Two weeks money just appeared in my account. Yay no chasing money this week or next . Phew! Here is to a more peaceful non anxiety filled weekend!

OTOH you could spend the weekend worrying, "is my client merely inconsistent or completely schizophrenic." :rolleyes:

(Just because you're not paranoid, it doesn't mean the world isn't out to get you.) :D :D :D

smurfette
15-01-2016, 08:33 AM
OTOH you could spend the weekend worrying, "is my client merely inconsistent or completely schizophrenic." :rolleyes: (Just because you're not paranoid, it doesn't mean the world isn't out to get you.) :D :D :D

True true! Lol we shall see in two weeks when next fee is due!!

Seem to be being a bit more aware about texting me to say they are running late (due in at 8 and often rock up at 930!) so trying to make an effort I think.. I hope! 😀