PDA

View Full Version : Winter small world play

Simona
10-01-2016, 12:35 PM
She's done it again...this is so good especially the winter sensory baskets!

Snowballs - Stimulating Learning | Stimulating Learning (http://stimulatinglearning.co.uk/2016/01/snowballs/)

Smiley
10-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Wonderful :)

BallyH
10-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Fabulous. Yes the snowballs and mirrors are wonderful. Am going to have a poke through my craft boxes now. Thanks for sharing.

loocyloo
10-01-2016, 04:24 PM
lovely ideas ... if I have any snow! xxx

bunyip
10-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Lovely ideas, though I've a suspicion she's one of those CMs who sees her chosen career as something of a conduit for her own craft-based hobbies. ;)

Does she have a risk assessment for the 'choking hazard basket'? :D

Simona
10-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Lovely ideas, though I've a suspicion she's one of those CMs who sees her chosen career as something of a conduit for her own craft-based hobbies. ;)

Does she have a risk assessment for the 'choking hazard basket'? :D

Not sure this person is a CM Bunyip?
Of course her ideas are possibly aimed at older children but they can easily be adapted to younger ones after thoughtful RA
She definetely seem to have made a 'hobby' out of creating fantastic activities...hope many cms can get inspiration from her

Maza
10-01-2016, 09:17 PM
She's not a childminder - I'm sure I read on her blog that she works in a school nursery.

Simona
11-01-2016, 09:18 AM
She is indeed a Nursery class teacher...not a Cm.

Loocyloo...hopefully some snow may come your way soon
Some of the great activities do not require snow at all though and easily manageable...hope you enjoy them especially the lovely alternative to the 'traditional treasure basket'!

Bumble Beez
11-01-2016, 09:59 AM
She's done it again...this is so good especially the winter sensory baskets!

Snowballs - Stimulating Learning | Stimulating Learning (http://stimulatinglearning.co.uk/2016/01/snowballs/)

I love Rachels site...I follow her on Twitter and Pinterest :)
Great share Simona xx

Dragonfly
11-01-2016, 07:22 PM
I automatically thought of choking. But as she isn't a cm thats okay then.very good but very busy? if thats the right word.

Simona
13-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Yes ...the first thing that comes to mind is choking....however...you do not need to copy the activity as shown

You can adapt it for your young ones without a problem

Rachel is a nursery teacher so her activities are aimed at older kids....I am sure you can adapt and let them have fun...I am looking at the trays I have adapted and all can be used by children
If you use small parts ...plan the activities when the babies are sleeping!!

Choking is a hazard for all ages so supervision is the best way to manage this!
Enjoy!

mama2three
13-01-2016, 09:22 AM
I use glass beads , pebbles and lots of other 'loose parts' which could possibly be choking hazards in our play ...I know the children and supervise appropriately. But then Ive lso got a stapler and scissors etc out in the craft cart for them to access independently...maybe my approach to risk isnt like most other cms?
Im always chuffed when I see Rachel post something similar to what we have been doing ...makes me feel like Im on the right track!

BallyH
13-01-2016, 02:41 PM
I use glass beads , pebbles and lots of other 'loose parts' which could possibly be choking hazards in our play ...I know the children and supervise appropriately. But then Ive lso got a stapler and scissors etc out in the craft cart for them to access independently...maybe my approach to risk isnt like most other cms?
Im always chuffed when I see Rachel post something similar to what we have been doing ...makes me feel like Im on the right track!

My risk at the moment is very similiar to yours. But if I had a crawling 10 month old I would reconsider some things but then that is why we constantly risk assess is it not?