PDA

View Full Version : Waiting List

Tealady
07-01-2016, 11:11 PM
I had never had a waiting list until September when I suddenly had a waiting list for Wednesdays.

Anyway I managed to juggle one mindee and then another left so I could offer spaces to those on the list. One was a current parent, wanting to change days and another was a new parent.

However now I have offered the spaces they are not going to be taken up. Current parent's manager
has said the swap won't now work and new parent has decided to look for a new job so will look at childcare once she knows what's happening there.

Is this usual that parents on waiting lists often then don't take up the space? I don't want to juggle current mindees in the future if it is!

loocyloo
08-01-2016, 07:23 AM
:-) quite often!

I find that people have particular childcare needs and say they will go on a waiting list, but whilst waiting they find other solutions or things change.

Good luck in filling those spaces xx

redtiger21
08-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Yes, definitely. I tend to stick to the rule that nothing is set in stone without a signed contract and a deposit, that way I don't get disappointed- and also I then feel more comfortable allowing more than one family apply for a space, because I often find that someone will pull out due to work changes or finding a family member who will babysit!
I'm sure something else will come along soon! :)

Bumble Beez
08-01-2016, 08:44 AM
It's frustrating...but I've had it happen!!
I haven't got a waiting list as such but I do have parents who want me to let them know when I have spaces become available before they're filled again...but it's not something I rely on.
Here's hoping you can fill the spaces soon xx

sarah707
08-01-2016, 09:37 PM
very frustrating :/ hugs x

moggy
08-01-2016, 09:47 PM
I have always had one but never taken on a child from it!
It is more of a way to gently let-down disappointed parents who phone me looking for a vacancy when I am full.
By the time I do have a space they have had to find care elsewhere- it is rare that a family can literally 'wait' on a waiting list for you to have a space come up months down the line.

Tealady
08-01-2016, 09:48 PM
Thanks for your responses.

I agree that nothing is certain until set in stone until contracts are signed but as it is looking like it is quite usual I won't approach other parents about possibly moving if they can but just give waiting list families first refusal should a space happen to come up :-)

FloraDora
09-01-2016, 04:53 PM
I had a family approach me last January, through the grape vine. I didn't have a vacancy but they asked if they could go on a waiting list. I let them know each half term that the situation had not changed out of courtesy. I was amazed when I let them know in May that I would have vacancies in September that they immediately said yes, paid an advance payment and we proceeded to do visits, I really thought that they would probably have rethought their current childcare issues and not move the children.
So sometimes waiting lists do work out.

smurfette
09-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Thanks for your responses. I agree that nothing is certain until set in stone until contracts are signed but as it is looking like it is quite usual I won't approach other parents about possibly moving if they can but just give waiting list families first refusal should a space happen to come up :-)

I have had this happen before alright it's frustrating, so before I actually ask a parent to swap i double check other parent does still require it, find we are always last to know lol! Hope you fill them soon. Xx