PDA

View Full Version : Still in holiday mode

kellib
07-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Our schools only started back today so I only went back to work today, should have 4 mindees but only have one!

So I took mindee to the arcade for a play on the 2p machines and LO is currently sitting eating an ice cream cone!

We've had a lovely afternoon :)

Bumble Beez
07-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Awww...sounds fab!!
Love days like that xx

bunyip
07-01-2016, 06:20 PM
That's my idea of childcare. :thumbsup:

BallyH
07-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Now that sounds like fun. I've found it hard getting back into it this week. Schoolies back on Tuesday. But everyone seems to have forgotten their manners, how to share/play nicely etc. I feel as if some of them have been gone for months instead of just over one week. I'm exhausted.

tess1981
08-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Now that sounds like fun. I've found it hard getting back into it this week. Schoolies back on Tuesday. But everyone seems to have forgotten their manners, how to share/play nicely etc. I feel as if some of them have been gone for months instead of just over one week. I'm exhausted.

I always find this after a long break.
They argue more listen to me less and "forget" my rules ... and as u u say sharing is a thing of the past to them .. I spend a lot of time telling the children they are actually my toys and if they can't share with others I won't share with them ... sometimes it works lol other times I remove them he toys and they seemed shocked !!

kellib
08-01-2016, 09:25 AM

I felt exhausted after 90 minutes with my schoolie yesterday, exactly as you described! We were playing a board game when schoolie decided to take a tantrum cos younger sibling was winning!

Mum had pre warned me that schoolies behaviour towards the end of the holidays wasn't great so at least I was a little prepared!

natlou82
08-01-2016, 12:00 PM
I've started my ticket rewards straight away, gets them all back on track :-)

Bumble Beez
08-01-2016, 08:44 PM
I've started my ticket rewards straight away, gets them all back on track :-)

Sounds intriguing...please share hun xx

natlou82
08-01-2016, 09:00 PM
The children earn tickets for good behaviour, they go in a ticket box during the week. On Friday a ticket is drawn and that child gets to pick a prize from my prize box. I picked up some fab prizes from the Wilkos sale - Barbie watches £1 each, Disney zsum, zsums £1.50 each, but character stationary, or pocket money toys all go down well. It works well for me and you can focus on particular areas you want to improve :-)