PDA

View Full Version : own children problems

crumpet54
06-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Anyone else's own children a nightmare when out and about? ??
So this morning I take my own DD and mindee to the local garden centre that has a soft play area.
My DD decides to be a right pickle !! Completely shows me up in front of all the mums and nans there!
And of course I was wearing my childminding t shirt to try and promote my business......... great thanks DD not quite the advert I was thinking of .. ... !!

mumofone
06-01-2016, 05:08 PM
Anyone else's own children a nightmare when out and about? ?? So this morning I take my own DD and mindee to the local garden centre that has a soft play area. My DD decides to be a right pickle !! Completely shows me up in front of all the mums and nans there! And of course I was wearing my childminding t shirt to try and promote my business......... great thanks DD not quite the advert I was thinking of .. ... !!

Lol how old is she crumpet?

blue bear
06-01-2016, 05:19 PM
I remember it well :laughing: my friend and I used to swap children that way we both had a good day as both children would be little angels :)

Mouse
06-01-2016, 05:50 PM
Two of my boys used to be awful!

I remember a time when we were at the clinic getting the baby weighed. The HVs knew I was a childminder and I was sure they were all watching how I dealt with these 2 terrors. One of them refused to get back in the buggy and did that annoying thing where they straighten their bodies and refuse to bend in the middle. As I was being watched I tried reasoning with him, making a game out of it, quiet threats... In the end I got really close to his ear and whispered "if you get in the pushchair now we'll go to the shop and get you some sweets!!"

crumpet54
06-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Two of my boys used to be awful!

I remember a time when we were at the clinic getting the baby weighed. The HVs knew I was a childminder and I was sure they were all watching how I dealt with these 2 terrors. One of them refused to get back in the buggy and did that annoying thing where they straighten their bodies and refuse to bend in the middle. As I was being watched I tried reasoning with him, making a game out of it, quiet threats... In the end I got really close to his ear and whispered "if you get in the pushchair now we'll go to the shop and get you some sweets!!"

Ha my DD does the pushchair thing ....

Mumofone she's just turned 20 months very strong willed little angel...... ha ha ha the thing is she's good as gold just not so good in the wrong situations when I need her on my side lol

Another example the other week we was at a toddler group I was talking to a potential enquiry she then asked how my daughter was woth the mindee - oh good really adapted well I said
Then right on que my DD comes across the room pushes over mindee and squashes her face. Ahhhhhhh why why why! ! She has never done it before or since

Mouse
06-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Ha my DD does the pushchair thing ....

Mumofone she's just turned 20 months very strong willed little angel...... ha ha ha the thing is she's good as gold just not so good in the wrong situations when I need her on my side lol

Another example the other week we was at a toddler group I was talking to a potential enquiry she then asked how my daughter was woth the mindee - oh good really adapted well I said
Then right on que my DD comes across the room pushes over mindee and squashes her face. Ahhhhhhh why why why! ! She has never done it before or since

Oh dear!!

Another of my sons (about 2 years old at the time) took a dislike to a little boy we used to see at toddler group. My son was usually the most placid, well behaved boy (not one of the 2 mentioned above!) but whenever he saw this other boy pick up a toy, he would go running over, grab the toy and push the boy over. They could be on completely opposite sides of the room and you wouldn't think my son was even taking any notice of this other boy, but suddenly he'd be up and gone like a rocket and would be hitting this boy before I even realise what was happening.

And I won't even say anything about how they used to behave whenever I had an Ofsted inspection. Luckily one inspector observed that I "remained calm and used very effective methods when dealing with unwanted behaviour" :p