PDA

View Full Version : Comm and language

mumofone
06-01-2016, 10:36 AM
What resources and activities do you guys do to cover this area? When I sat and thought about it I'm not sure I'm offering enough...

mumofone
06-01-2016, 10:40 AM
We read, do nursery rhymes, role play, toy mobile phone, playing with each other, talking about our day etc....

redtiger21
06-01-2016, 01:52 PM
What makes you think you're not doing enough?
Do you have a copy of development matters? I find this is great for ideas.
To be honest, I think CAL is one of the areas that we all cover all the time, because at the end of the day we are constantly communicating with the children! But definitely look at DM for specific ideas, Google it for a download if you don't have a paper copy :)

mumofone
06-01-2016, 02:12 PM
What makes you think you're not doing enough? Do you have a copy of development matters? I find this is great for ideas. To be honest, I think CAL is one of the areas that we all cover all the time, because at the end of the day we are constantly communicating with the children! But definitely look at DM for specific ideas, Google it for a download if you don't have a paper copy :)

Sorry I should explain, it just seems too obvious as in of course we learn and practice it that I just wonder if by thinking this im actually missing something!! Does that make sense?! Yep I have DM :-) x

Simona
06-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Worth looking at the National Strategies as well...lots of ideas there too!