PDA

View Full Version : EYFS

Carrie-Anne
07-08-2008, 09:11 AM
I am very daunted! i do not know where to start or what to do. I am all very very new to this. I contacted my local people to register interest in child minding. I got all my leaflets through for the first seminar etc and questionare. I rang them up to book on the first available course I could and the lady said just fill in the form and send it back.

Well on the form it asks you to obtain and read a copy of the EYFS. Looking at the threads on here I thought oh well I am in for some reading etc!!! Well it arrivied today!!! OMG!!! Surely they do not expect me to really understand all this for my first seminar thing. I thought the first seminar was just about childminding and then after that I decide that I def want to go ahead (which I know i already do) and then the 12 week course starts!

Not sure if what I am saying is making much sence or even if I am posting in the right place!

Oh well 9 month old baby now deciding she will have a go looking at it, maybe she will make a lot more sence of it :panic:

xxxx

sarah707
07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Goodness I wouldn't tell someone who is just starting out to look at the eyfs yet!

Many minders with years of experience are still getting to grips with it!

I would pop it on the shelf and not worry... the pre-registration training you will receive should explain about eyfs and set it all out in bite-size chunks.

If you are interested in childminding, yes, you will have to get to grips with it eventually... but bit by bit.

Hope this helps!

Good luck with the registration process :D

mummyof3
07-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't worry they go through it with you breaking it down each week on your course. It looks daunting at the moment but when it is broken down and explained it is much easier to understand - I think!!

I must have learnt something as I passed my course :laughing:

Good luck its a long long long long process believe me I'm still going through it all!:rolleyes:

Carrie-Anne
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Thank you so much. I have calmed down a bit now, I have put it in the bedroom and it is staying there!!! The first seminar thing is end of September and then the first course starts November, so ages to go yet! I can't wait though, least though my little girl will be over a year old then so it may be a bit easier.

I am just trying to have as much knowledge as I can so when i do do the course I do no worry so much. It is nice to know I have all of you people to turn to though if I do have difficulties!

xxx

singlewiththree
14-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Your not the only one, my course starts in Sept and I was told to get one as well, I've mainly just flicked through it and used it to see what kind of things I need to do with my house to make it "safe". I've also watched the DVD as there are little films and one or two is childminding which made me feel happier as she wasnt doing anything special that I dont already do in them!

Chatterbox Childcare
14-08-2008, 06:42 AM
It is all as clear as mud at the moment.

Don't worry too much about it and wait until you have finished the course and then the waters will clear.

Good luck.

Debbie