PDA

View Full Version : Clipboards and pens!

mumofone
29-12-2015, 09:42 PM
I have some clipboards and want to attach pencils to them (for both indoors and outdoors) and I was thinking I would do this with string but I'm finding the string just slips off the pencils!! How have you done it clever people?!!

alex__17
29-12-2015, 09:52 PM
Gaffa tape?!
I have no idea, I have a few clipboards and when I put them out they go with the big box of pens/pencils etc and a pile of blank paper and some colouring sheets (I have a couple obsessed with colouring things!) - I don't leave them out all the time as my own son in particular I don't think can be trusted with mark making things as he would mark make all over my walls etc while I'm minding, although is fine when just us but he struggles with sharing me and to scribble all over the wall would be perfect way to get mummy's attention!

loocyloo
30-12-2015, 09:03 AM
With pencils cut a notch/line around the pencil and tie the string in the notch.

FussyElmo
30-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Or get a drill and drill a small hole and thread the string through

FloraDora
30-12-2015, 09:41 AM
I use pen clips, you can get them for 1,2 or 3 pens.

mumofone
30-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Or get a drill and drill a small hole and thread the string through

This is what my partner suggested...

mumofone
30-12-2015, 09:42 AM
With pencils cut a notch/line around the pencil and tie the string in the notch.

Ooh yes this could work...

mumofone
30-12-2015, 09:43 AM
I use pen clips, you can get them for 1,2 or 3 pens.

What are these flora? I've not seen or heard of them before...

bunyip
30-12-2015, 10:31 AM
But why................?

Why...... when homo sapiens has spent a few million years evolving the upper ear flap into the perfect indoor/outdoor pencil storage facility? :huh:

PS: some of us are so well-evolved, we can even do it with our spectacles on. :D

Mouse
30-12-2015, 11:28 AM
But why................?

Why...... when homo sapiens has spent a few million years evolving the upper ear flap into the perfect indoor/outdoor pencil storage facility? :huh:

PS: some of us are so well-evolved, we can even do it with our spectacles on. :D

One of my little mindees does this! His mum and dad are both builders and have got pencils permanently tucked behind their ears. I saw them on a night out once and was a bit disappointed to see they didn't still have them there.

Mindee uses the pencil tied to his clipboard for writing, but likes to have a spare one to chew on while he's thinking and to tuck behind his ear!

FloraDora
30-12-2015, 12:11 PM
What are these flora? I've not seen or heard of them before...

All good stationers sell them, workmen and nurses who's ears aren't able to hold a pen/pencil are often found with a pen clip in a top breast pocket.

moggy
30-12-2015, 12:52 PM
I like to tie the pencil onto the board with string to try to cut down on stray pencils being left about and used to decorate the walls/chewed/lost. The string also helps focus their pencil-scribblings to the board and paper rather than the soft furnishings. Although I did have one scribble all over the wall with the pencil still attached by string to the board : (

bunyip
31-12-2015, 03:42 PM
One of my little mindees does this! His mum and dad are both builders and have got pencils permanently tucked behind their ears. I saw them on a night out once and was a bit disappointed to see they didn't still have them there.

Mindee uses the pencil tied to his clipboard for writing, but likes to have a spare one to chew on while he's thinking and to tuck behind his ear!

Impressive.

Here's an activity idea for all of us to try with the mindees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYmoQA0nofY

:D