PDA

View Full Version : Working in partnership...with LA

mumofone
29-12-2015, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't say I work closely with my LA but I do go to them for help, like, say recently, to ask if my county would be switching to the integrated 2 year review but is this in itself considered working in partnership with them? Any thought? Thank you...

moggy
29-12-2015, 12:03 PM
Yes, that is an example. Some people are more involved with their LA than others- for example if you offer 2-yr funding or have EYPP money from the LA. You could see your local CFC as part of the LA so some might be involved there offering care for families during training/coaching sessions, running support sessions etc etc. Some might be part of LA CM-networks giving presentations, training or taking an active part in supporting CMers or running CM networks.

sarah707
29-12-2015, 08:29 PM
It is getting harder and harder to evidence partnership working with the LA - they have less money and they are not engaging with childminders as much any more...

We take every opportunity to attend training and we do what we can to show how well we are working with them but it's not so easy any more...

mumofone
29-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys, I'll log all contact I have with them so I can show ofsted, although as I say it's not much...

Simona
30-12-2015, 09:52 AM
Sarah is right...it is getting harder to reach LAs but all have an EY team in place as they still need to follow the Childcare Act and fulfil variour legal requirements.

Some LAs have cut all training and support but some support is still a legal requirement for EY teams to offer...if you need help call them ...they are there working away and using the 'cream off' the funding to pay for their services...they are accountable.

There are also some LAs still very involved with EY...check it out and when the 30 hours kicks in all LAs will be woken up again....some of their responsibilities have not diminished just because the govt gives them less money

working with LAs is not just about funding ...we need to think od SEND and much more.
Good luck