PDA

View Full Version : Ebay & 2nd hand purchases

mumofone
26-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Happy xmas everyone :-) I have been saving all my receipts and will do my tax return in April but just wanted to ask whether I can state anything bought on eBay as an expense? I have bought lots on there. Also just in general what are the rules regarding second hand purchases?
I don't have an accountant so just hoped anyone with experience can advise me. Thank you! :-)

alex__17
26-12-2015, 08:38 PM
I just print off a copy of the eBay purchase/invoice, it's one of the options online I'm sure.
Or print the PayPal payment receipt?
Should be the same as any other receipt for an expense, I buy loads on eBay, double buggy, toys etc

tulip0803
26-12-2015, 08:42 PM
I put things I have brought from ebay through - I print out and use either the order details or the paypal receipt if they don't arrive with a sellers invoice.

I buy a lot from 2nd hand shops or selling sites. - You can write a receipt with details of where and when bought or screen shot a selling site advert and print.

If you spend less than £10 you do not need a receipt - but if you buy things from several places in one day that come to more than £10 then you will need to put receipts in.

HTH xx

mumofone
28-12-2015, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys, if I bought something off gumtree should I just print the advert then?

tulip0803
28-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Thanks guys, if I bought something off gumtree should I just print the advert then?

Yes you can :)