PDA

View Full Version : Edible playdough

mumofone
22-12-2015, 02:53 PM
....anyone know if there is such a thing?! Just wondering how I can incorporate babies into playdough activities as worried they will eat it!! Thanks!

blue bear
22-12-2015, 04:06 PM
I make pastry for babies to do 'playdough' activities.

moggy
22-12-2015, 04:15 PM
I think learning not to eat it is important. To be honest, a tiny bit of homemade playdough in the mouth is not going to cause great harm, and you would be supervising so closely anyway. I find the youngest ones aren't too interested anyway and once they get the idea of playdough they are usually beyond the point where they are likely to try to chew the whole lump of dough.
Pastry, cookie dough, mashed potato... if you want, but personally i do not do messy play with food.

loocyloo
22-12-2015, 05:07 PM
I think learning not to eat it is important. To be honest, a tiny bit of homemade playdough in the mouth is not going to cause great harm, and you would be supervising so closely anyway. I find the youngest ones aren't too interested anyway and once they get the idea of playdough they are usually beyond the point where they are likely to try to chew the whole lump of dough.
Pastry, cookie dough, mashed potato... if you want, but personally i do not do messy play with food.

All homemade playdough is edible! But I don't encourage them to eat it!

I don't play with food apart from dry rice/pasta, but you don't eat it in that form.

I used to have a LO who loved to eat homemade playdough so I ended up buying playdough for the year she was with me!

mumofone
23-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone, if I don't use playdough what's a good messy play activity for babies?

blue bear
24-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Jelly (make sure you have made it up don't use raw cubes). Squirty cream, paint (strip baby down let them wallow in it, bubbles in water,

halor
24-12-2015, 09:28 AM
I don't use edible as they might think all play dough is edible. The worst that's in mine is a lot of salt so a bit in the mouth, after getting the rest off them, isn't going to do any harm. I always warn parents too and give them the recipe :-)