PDA

View Full Version : subscribing to websites

SYLVIA
20-12-2015, 05:32 PM
does anybody subscribe to websites to download resources. I used to get a lot off Twinkle but all the good bits now require monthly subscription which works out quite a bit over a year. I do get a lot of ideas from the posts on here and pin interest too though

loocyloo
20-12-2015, 05:59 PM
:-) I haven't used ****** for ages now for that reason. I'm sure even stuff that used to be free now isn't.

I use sparkle box and ****** but don't subscribe.
Otherwise I just use pinterest and Google to create my own resources. I ,luckily, have ds who enjoys making documents etc for me!

natlou82
20-12-2015, 07:52 PM
I subscribe for the bigger resources. I go in fits and starts with it, sometimes I'll download loads, then nothing for ages.

SYLVIA
20-12-2015, 08:24 PM
:-) I haven't used ****** for ages now for that reason. I'm sure even stuff that used to be free now isn't.

I use sparkle box and ****** but don't subscribe.
Otherwise I just use pinterest and Google to create my own resources. I ,luckily, have ds who enjoys making documents etc for me!

I use sparkle box too. I used to get lots of ideas from the resources but I'm learning to go without it.

Rick
23-12-2015, 08:59 AM
We prefer not to promote Sparklebox as it is still owned by a convicted paedophile.

natlou82
23-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Eek! I didn't know that Rick.

k1rstie
23-12-2015, 08:37 PM
I was wondering about that Rick. Remembering how much bad press the site got a few years ago, I am always surprised how many settings and schools still use it.

halor
24-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Omg, I must live under a rock. I didn't know that, how awful. And tone allowed to keep the site up is shocking!

loocyloo
29-12-2015, 03:48 PM
just been looking for stuff for my next book ... and remembered I also use Teachers Pet LOTS !!!! very good! and also Early Learning HQ.

mumofone
29-12-2015, 04:13 PM
just been looking for stuff for my next book ... and remembered I also use Teachers Pet LOTS !!!! very good! and also Early Learning HQ.

Next book....?

loocyloo
29-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Next book....?

LOL ... I 'do' a book each month with the minded children, and I'm just planning a few activities/resources to link to them for the next few months!

The mindees and I do 'write' lots of our own books - usually with photographs of places we have been such as the farm or the zoo, or one week everywhere we went! we use snapfish or where-ever to create a book, and then add the words. the children love reading 'their' books and looking at themselves in PROPER books!