PDA

View Full Version : urgent answers appreciared! x

Jessymax
15-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Hi so on a tues and a thurs I have a 2.5 yr old 3yr old and on both afternoons a 6m baby
In march the sibling of the 2.5 yr old is wanting to come who will be 10m is this an exception where I can take her even though it will mean 2 under 1 for 8weeks? And then obviously 4 under 5 2 afternoons a week hope someone can clarify

blue bear
15-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Yes it's do able, what the outcome would be at inspection is another matter, the inspection will look at how you meet the needs of all the children and this is often where childminders fall down grading wise. Ut under continuity of care yes I believe both the four under five and the two under ones is allowed.

moggy
15-12-2015, 07:37 PM
A thorough risk assessment and you need to inform all parents.
It is the fact that it is a sibling that makes it an arguable case in your favour. But you need to think it all through carefully- how can you safely evacuate your house in case of emergency? how can you meet all their learning/dev/care needs? That is the kind of thing Ofsted would want to know if they ever asked..

Jessymax
15-12-2015, 08:01 PM
ok great well I would just risk assess for those reasons like I would if I had the full 6 that I potentially could have and have to evacuate. meet developents/needs etc

When you say inform parents will a letter be suffice explaining and in this should I actually admit I am over the allowed ratio but explain the exception? should I be getting them to sign this? x

Mouse
15-12-2015, 08:02 PM
I agree with Blue Bear. Under continuity of care I would say it's possible, but just because it's technically doable doesn't mean it's practical. You'd be having 4 under 5 and 2 would be under 1, which is a lot to do, even for a short while.

Are you confident you could demonstrate to an inspector how you are meeting the needs of all the children?

Jessymax
15-12-2015, 08:12 PM
yes im confident plus its actually only going to be for 3.5 hours a week which is good news ! x

moggy
15-12-2015, 08:31 PM
ok great well I would just risk assess for those reasons like I would if I had the full 6 that I potentially could have and have to evacuate. meet developents/needs etc

When you say inform parents will a letter be suffice explaining and in this should I actually admit I am over the allowed ratio but explain the exception? should I be getting them to sign this? x

How you do it is up to you- EYFS, Section 3, 3.42 'demonstrate to parents...' a letter would be a good way to be able to show Ofsted your proceedure.