PDA

View Full Version : Urgent question re applying to ofsted, advice please!

White Rose
13-12-2015, 06:45 PM
At the minute, I intend to only take children during term time only. However, I'm worrying that by ticking the "term time only" box on the eyc application form, I'm removing the option to change my plans if I struggle for children or if I decide to do the odd week here and there during the holidays. Please could you let me know whether I would need to be re-inspected if so, or whether I should keep my options open - I don't really get why they want to know!

ajc
13-12-2015, 08:04 PM
I imagine that the box is just an indication to Ofsted that they would not contact you out of term time if you indicated this. I might be totally wrong, but I don't think they care what weeks you work, just what registers you want to be on. I wouldn't worry if you need to change your plans and work in the school hold, its your business.

ajc
13-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Meant to say school hols!

moggy
13-12-2015, 08:13 PM
It doesn't matter- they are just data-collecting I think. There is no difference in registration for term-time or all-year-round.

White Rose
14-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Thank you all - will take it off my list of things to worry about (no doubt I'll soon have added something else in its place ;-) ).