PDA

View Full Version : How dyou store your books

mumofone
07-12-2015, 10:52 PM
Do you all have a specific shelf or rack you store your books for your mindees on or does anyone just "bring out" the books say in a box when mindees are there? I'm in two minds about putting up a specific bookshelf and just realised I could maybe just bring books out in a box as and when but would OFSTED disapprove? Thank you :-)

FussyElmo
08-12-2015, 05:30 AM
No I have a shelf one where you see the fronts of the books so the children can choose the book easily without having to rummage through a box.

I also want the children to be able to get a book anytime of the day not just when I deem its story time. I rotate the books every 6 week but will add seasonal books as and when

natlou82
08-12-2015, 07:14 AM
Currently I have my books displayed in baskets: Christmas themed, baby and toddler, stories for all, school children

loocyloo
08-12-2015, 07:28 AM
I have a 'sling'bookcase with books in front facing in the playroom, plus a basket of boardbooks.
In my sitting room i have a bookcase that has the rest of my children's books-fiction and non fiction, and i swap around the books every so often.

Evie125
08-12-2015, 07:31 AM
I have a book box and rotate the contents regularly (keeping favourites in) I then put out/display any relevant ones for time of year or linked to what we are doing, so have Christmas ones out at the moment. The box is out all of the time but I put lid on ( if I remember) when not working

watford wizz
08-12-2015, 09:08 AM
I have wicker baskets filled with assorted books, books on shelves, books in drawers, books by the potty, books in the play shed. I even have a few for the children!!

Simona
08-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Do you all have a specific shelf or rack you store your books for your mindees on or does anyone just "bring out" the books say in a box when mindees are there? I'm in two minds about putting up a specific bookshelf and just realised I could maybe just bring books out in a box as and when but would OFSTED disapprove? Thank you :-)

If you follow your children's interests regarding books then you can provide them in any way you think they will enjoy ...but...please you need to try and not ask if Ofsted would approve or disapprove.

it can be confusing and it is your setting...you decide which way you teach children...that is clearly stated in CIF!!...your style ...your way and all the inspector can do is observe the outcomes for your children!

natlou82
08-12-2015, 09:24 AM
I hadn't finished and pressed send. They are displayed on my Kallax unit and I can easily get them down if LOs are requesting a book :-)