PDA

View Full Version : So so impatient !

Jennifer Crooks
04-12-2015, 05:50 PM
I started the LONG process to register in June.

Everything is now in place.

I naively thought that as soon as I got to here, I'd be working and earning but nope, nothing.

Do you think 3 weeks before Christmas is probably a bad time and hopefully I'll get someone in the New Year ?

moggy
04-12-2015, 06:47 PM
It can take a while- get the word out to everyone that you are registered!

Jennifer Crooks
06-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Thanks Moggy.
I have advertised on a couple of local Facebook pages so hopefully will get someone looking soon.

loocyloo
06-12-2015, 08:27 AM
Put fliers in shop windows, sports halls, village halls, Church halls, coffee shops, hairdressers and tell everyone you meet.

Maybe you could advertise 'child free christmas shopping' ... offer say 3 hours or whatever you want, to look after the children to enable parent to go shopping alone? It would get you known, people would be able to recommend you, you could be seen out and about with minded children ... and earn a little money!
I would use a very simple basic contract and not worry about any other paperwork.

Good luck xxx

FussyElmo
06-12-2015, 08:43 AM
Childcare.co.uk you only have to get one child and it more than pays for itself. You can pay monthly and are not tied in to a 12 month contract and don't forget the training that's on there for gold members.

Go to toddler groups, are there childminding groups by you where you can ask other cms to pass your number on.

Schools do you have children their? let everyone know you are available for childcare a lot of people still prefer an homely atmosphere.

Jennifer Crooks
06-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks loocyloo and fussyelmo.
I takey own little girl to playgroups a few times a week and do get speaking to other mums, a couple enquired but not at the stage of going back to work. I take my little boy to school and pick him up so speaking to mums there too.

I'm a Gold member of childcare.com website, I've had people looking at my site and one mum asked about pick up but it was from a school I don't cover.

I need to make up some fliers and get them out there.

Offering childcare for Christmas shopping is a good shout and I stay really near a shopping outlet.

k1rstie
06-12-2015, 10:23 PM
A lot of parents go back to work in September and again in the New Year. Fingers crossed for you.

Jennifer Crooks
07-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Thanks K1rstie, hopefully someone will get in touch soon,

Jennifer Crooks
08-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Loocyloo, I've advertised for 3 hours Christmas shopping. Even if no one uses it I feel like I'm keeping busy and getting my business name out there.
https://www.facebook.com/JennyTotsChildcare/posts/1051406664909826

loocyloo
08-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Loocyloo, I've advertised for 3 hours Christmas shopping. Even if no one uses it I feel like I'm keeping busy and getting my business name out there.
https://www.facebook.com/JennyTotsChildcare/posts/1051406664909826

good luck.

just thought .... are there any notice boards at the shopping mall /supermarkets that you could put a flier on ???

Jennifer Crooks
10-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks for that, yep need to make up a flier.