PDA

View Full Version : Christmas bags for crafts

natlou82
04-12-2015, 09:53 AM
I've noticed lots of CMs are saving the children's Christmas crafts to give to parents altogether in a bag. I just wanted to know the types of bags people are using and best places to buy for good value?

JoRo163
04-12-2015, 12:17 PM
I just use two pieces of a3 sugar paper, stapled down three sides to make a large pocket. Kids decorate it themselves, with Christmas stickers, drawings etc. All their crafts go in there and I usually put in a couple of chocs in there too, which they take home along with their present in the last day of term

mama2three
04-12-2015, 12:47 PM
I use shoe boxes covered in christmas wrap. If you havent enough then ask parents to bring one the week before , most people have one lying around.

loocyloo
04-12-2015, 12:51 PM
I just use two pieces of a3 sugar paper, stapled down three sides to make a large pocket. Kids decorate it themselves, with Christmas stickers, drawings etc. All their crafts go in there and I usually put in a couple of chocs in there too, which they take home along with their present in the last day of term

That's what I do, or last year someone gave me a whole pile of those paper bags with handles ... we decorated them and then took those home.
I usually have them all laid out in my dining room and I add art work as it's dry!

Mouse
04-12-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm rubbish. I just put them on a carrier bag to take home :laughing:

Having said that, so far this year we've only done Christmas tree pictures and the children all wanted to take them home on the days they made them. At this rate I'l have nothing left to send home anyway.

redtiger21
04-12-2015, 05:34 PM
I ask parents in November to each supply a shoebox or similar sized box, which I then cover in Xmas wrapping paper and line with tissue paper, then when full I tie shiny string and a bow around it :)

BallyH
04-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Carrier bags here also. May put the 5p on their bills. :laughing:

Maza
04-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Carrier bags here too! I wont have any mindees this Christmas but I would be tempted to ask the parents to send in a carrier bag from home - that's what DD's school has always done.

bunyip
04-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Carrier bags here too! I wont have any mindees this Christmas but I would be tempted to ask the parents to send in a carrier bag from home - that's what DD's school has always done.

Our school does the same.......................

....................then they roll out of school on break-up Friday with enough stuff to fill a skip. :eek:

alex__17
04-12-2015, 08:03 PM
I pinched an idea from on here/fb, and I wrapped cereal boxes in the plain ikea roll paper, then we did chimneys for Santa to come down so used wooden bricks to print brick shapes on the sides...sadly none really looked like chimneys, but the kids all loved doing them and we spotted different chimneys on our walks and talked about size and how the bricks were in lines/layers etc and they're all proud of their Santa chimneys and adding their pictures to them each week!
I've added red ribbon handles to the tops to carry them home.

mumofone
04-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Carrier bags here also. May put the 5p on their bills. :laughing:

Haha lol! :-)

catswhiskers
04-12-2015, 11:27 PM
I've not even started on Xmas yet! Way too early for my mindees and a group I run!

Better get started on ideas over the next few days/weeks!

alex__17
05-12-2015, 06:53 AM
I've only started early as all mine are part time so one or two days, and they all wanted to do everything once they saw it all last year, then it was a mad rush in the last week!

FussyElmo
05-12-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm rubbish. I just put them on a carrier bag to take home :laughing:

Having said that, so far this year we've only done Christmas tree pictures and the children all wanted to take them home on the days they made them. At this rate I'l have nothing left to send home anyway.

Carrier bags all the way here too :thumbsup:

natlou82
05-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Thanks for all your replies guys, one things for sure I'm not going to worry about it then :-). I'll see how motivated I feel, and may just do carrier bags :-)