PDA

View Full Version : childcare. Co. UK question

crumpet54
03-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Quick question I'm a gold member of childcare.co.uk and over the last week have messaged families looking for childcare in my area, who have viewed my profile etc
I've not had any responses yet the parents have all been online/logged on since I sent the messages. When I click on each message it says unread - is there a reason why? I just think it's strange that all of them have been unread yet parents have logged in on daily basis? Is this right? Do they have to be a gold member to read the message?

Kiddleywinks
03-12-2015, 09:55 AM
Frustrating isn't it :panic:

Firstly, no, they don't have to be a gold member to read a message sent by a gold member.
It could be down to a number of reasons that they're not reading your message, but not being able to access it, I very much doubt, will be one of them.

I have found that my messages get read at a weekend for the most part (dunno why lol), some have never been read after the initial query, some are read but not replied to....

Just do what you're doing, and don't let it get to you. I work on the basis that if they're too ignorant to respond, even if it's just to say 'sorry but care is now covered', then I probably wouldn't be able to work with them anyway lol

FussyElmo
03-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Quick question I'm a gold member of childcare.co.uk and over the last week have messaged families looking for childcare in my area, who have viewed my profile etc
I've not had any responses yet the parents have all been online/logged on since I sent the messages. When I click on each message it says unread - is there a reason why? I just think it's strange that all of them have been unread yet parents have logged in on daily basis? Is this right? Do they have to be a gold member to read the message?

No they don't have to be a gold member to read the message but unfortunately there is no way of making people open their messages

crumpet54
03-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Ok thanks I was just thinking it can't be a coincidence that ALL have not been read that's why I asked you lovelies!
Hey ho keep trying lol

On another note enquiries I am getting through fb word of mouth etc are all for funny/inappropriate hours for example -
6.30 am -pick up from their house to 6.30 return to their house!
3pm to 11.30 pm!!! (I'm ready for bed by 10 lol lol lol)
8 am -8pm
Only weekend hours

I've done this job /career to fit in with my family wouldn't be able to suit any of those hours!
My Christmas wish is one family find me lol lol lol

Rick
03-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Ok thanks I was just thinking it can't be a coincidence that ALL have not been read that's why I asked you lovelies!
Hey ho keep trying lol

On another note enquiries I am getting through fb word of mouth etc are all for funny/inappropriate hours for example -
6.30 am -pick up from their house to 6.30 return to their house!
3pm to 11.30 pm!!! (I'm ready for bed by 10 lol lol lol)
8 am -8pm
Only weekend hours

I've done this job /career to fit in with my family wouldn't be able to suit any of those hours!
My Christmas wish is one family find me lol lol lol

I think you have just been unlucky with enquiries. Most are reasonable times. I have altered my opening times slightly for one family but it still works for me and my family.

crumpet54
03-12-2015, 12:41 PM
I think you have just been unlucky with enquiries. Most are reasonable times. I have altered my opening times slightly for one family but it still works for me and my family.

Yes I don't mind a bit if flexibility but 11.30 pm!! Oh my goodness

k1rstie
03-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Quick question I'm a gold member of childcare.co.uk and over the last week have messaged families looking for childcare in my area, who have viewed my profile etc I've not had any responses yet the parents have all been online/logged on since I sent the messages. When I click on each message it says unread - is there a reason why? I just think it's strange that all of them have been unread yet parents have logged in on daily basis? Is this right? Do they have to be a gold member to read the message?

Sometimes when I get messages from parents, I can get the idea of what they are asking from the first sentence, when I read the email from childcare.co.uk that is sent to me to say I have a message. I suppose parents also get a similar email to say they have a message. If you reply to someone saying, ' unfortunately I am unable to help......', the parent doesn't actually need to log into childcare.co.uk to read the rest of the message.

This could be why many parents appear not to read replays. I always reply to parents messages, but do often start with the words ' unfortunately, I am unable.......'