PDA

View Full Version : isit just me or...

Jessymax
02-12-2015, 08:22 PM
is funding confusing?! I have received my email with head count, etc and am so snowed under with info! since funding is only offered 38 weeks of the year and I am open 48 weeks for the other 10 weeks or the weeks where there is no head count I presume u just charge your usual price? can anyone send me a template of their invoice to give me an idea of a simple way to di it many thanks would appreciate it xx

sarah707
02-12-2015, 08:29 PM
A funded child has to receive 570 hours a week free.

Any more hours than that are charged at the normal rate.

So during term time you charge say...

30 hours - 15 free hours = £your normal rate

I count up hours at the bottom of my invoices to make sure I am offering the correct amount of free hours each term.

I hope that helps :D

blue bear
02-12-2015, 10:22 PM
A funded child has to receive 570 hours a week free.

Any more hours than that are charged at the normal rate.

So during term time you charge say...

30 hours - 15 free hours = £your normal rate

I count up hours at the bottom of my invoices to make sure I am offering the correct amount of free hours each term.

I hope that helps :D

570 hours a week, Sarah means 570 Hours a year free :)

Simona
03-12-2015, 08:44 AM
is funding confusing?! I have received my email with head count, etc and am so snowed under with info! since funding is only offered 38 weeks of the year and I am open 48 weeks for the other 10 weeks or the weeks where there is no head count I presume u just charge your usual price? can anyone send me a template of their invoice to give me an idea of a simple way to di it many thanks would appreciate it xx

Some LAs allow you to stretch the funded hours over 38 weeks per year...you need to read their Terms and Conditions/contract

Jessymax
03-12-2015, 10:20 AM
my head hurts.

Lal
03-12-2015, 10:35 AM
You may find your LA places limits on how many of the free hours you can claim in each funding period (term) and it may be different for standard offer and stretched offer. :confused:

JCrakers
03-12-2015, 12:41 PM
I look at the funding for the full term. If the child is receiving 15hrs with me and there are 11 weeks in the term, then the total funding for that full term is 11x15 = 165 (So 165 hours free for the term)

With my invoices I split the 165 hrs over the months. So for Jan, Feb and March the parent receives 55hrs off their bill each month. We are not allowed to put a monetary value next to the funding so I cant show it on my invoices. My invoices just state the amount the parent needs to pay and it states 'Total funded hours - 55'

Any Help?

moggy
03-12-2015, 03:03 PM
This is all another reason why I gave up FE, I was spending hours on the maths!

Simona
04-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Maybe time is now just right for providers...especially CMs.... to put their foot down and start telling DfE and LAs that too many conditions and 'directives' could lose them the 30 hours they so much crave!!!

and if the nonsense does not stop even more Cms will stop offering the funded hours!

Watch this space !!

Jayse74
08-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Maybe time is now just right for providers...especially CMs.... to put their foot down and start telling DfE and LAs that too many conditions and 'directives' could lose them the 30 hours they so much crave!!!

and if the nonsense does not stop even more Cms will stop offering the funded hours!

Watch this space !!

I try to help my OH with this FE stuff and I still cant quite get my head around it but... We have just another headcount estimate for January. It seems easy enough. My OH's Childminding friend can do this stuff in her sleep she loves working it all out, wish I had her brains lol.