PDA

View Full Version : Safeguarding help for Ofsted visit..

Jelly Baby
02-12-2015, 08:11 AM
I am not very good at expressing myself and am desperately trying to get my paper SEF now online to reflect my business as last time she didn't read it due to not having time & know they are in the area.

Aside from that I know they are looking at 2 things quite in depth..one is safeguarding and the other prevent..

Does anyone know an easy way of remembering the correct way to report a suspected case or incident? like in points 1-5 etc maybe?I know I will just go blank and need some help with this..

Also the prevent..again how do we explain this? I have done the certificate kindly put on here but what with everything else ive gone blank!

Thanks x

mumofone
02-12-2015, 08:48 AM
I am not very good at expressing myself and am desperately trying to get my paper SEF now online to reflect my business as last time she didn't read it due to not having time & know they are in the area. Aside from that I know they are looking at 2 things quite in depth..one is safeguarding and the other prevent.. Does anyone know an easy way of remembering the correct way to report a suspected case or incident? like in points 1-5 etc maybe?I know I will just go blank and need some help with this.. Also the prevent..again how do we explain this? I have done the certificate kindly put on here but what with everything else ive gone blank! Thanks x

You could print everything out and have a safeguarding file and then refer to it when they ask you...I presume we can do that...hopefully someone will pop in and confirm :-) x

AgentTink
02-12-2015, 09:45 AM
I had a little note of prevent and how it impacts me as follows:

Stop people becoming terrorists or supporting them - My responsibility is to safeguard individuals by assessing their vulnerability to being drawn in. If I have any concerns in my area we just follow our normal safeguarding procedures.

My inspector asked me how I had changed my practise based on our Prevent duties and I said that I had taken the online course so that I could be aware of any potential signs, and that I knew how to report any concerns. I then talked about how interlinked with my Prevent duties was my responsibility to imbed British Values and as my children are all pre-school I do this through teaching respect for one another through listening, be nice, taking turns. Teaching rules by having appropriate boundaries for the children to follow, and I teach democracy and freedom by allowing the children the chance to express themselves and that they know that their individual voice is heard.

This is a link to a resource on how British Values links to the teaching of the EYFS:
Fundamental British Values in the Early Years | From pregnancy to children aged 5 (http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/2015/03/fundamental-british-values-in-the-early-years/)
In regards to how I would report a case, I always say that I will follow the steps outlined in my policy which link to my local areas procedures for reporting a case.

k1rstie
02-12-2015, 01:47 PM
I think for reporting a prevent type case, it would be the same way to report as it would be for a safeguarding issue, so your local children's social care and LADO.