PDA

View Full Version : Have your say on the Childcare Bill (dealine 15 December)

Simona
01-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Have your say on the Childcare Bill - News from Parliament - UK Parliament (http://www.parliament.uk/business/news/2015/november/have-your-say-on-the-childcare-bill-/)

Give your views on the Childcare Bill | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1155026/give-your-views-on-the-childcare-bill?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

mama2three
02-12-2015, 07:22 AM
im getting weary now. How many times have we and all the experts been completely ignored when replying to consultations. I know we should keep going....but equally know Im wasting my time!

loocyloo
02-12-2015, 07:36 AM
im getting weary now. How many times have we and all the experts been completely ignored when replying to consultations. I know we should keep going....but equally know Im wasting my time!

That's how I feel.

Simona
02-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Yes the issue has certainly drained each and everyone of us ...but...if we give up we give the DfE carte blanche to do as they like....lie all the way to their bank

This is one of the most rushed and least thought about policies they ever came out with.
it is a joke, it will not benefit all the parents the govt says it will and ...above all for the next 2 years providers will still be subsidising childcare.
With the new rate announced providers will continue to subsidise childcare and education for ever....what a con to say we will have a national funding formula

It has been very obvious that interest here in this forum has declined...and that is understandable
The need to be sustainable will never go away though.

We had a very interesting session on EYTalking last night....the 30 hours was the topic.
Those who participated were on the ball...questions were flowing and above all the determination to 'do something' was very evident....also a very strong hint of a challenge...strong hints of providers wanting to work with cms.

I hope this is not going to be another 'agency' flop....once we decided we were not heard we gave up and waited for something to happen....but agencies are still there

I am attending a meeting with my association this weekend...it sounds as if they are still ready to do battle and I personally am willing to hear what we can do next.