PDA

View Full Version : Felt tip pens / crayons?

BlondeMoment
30-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Hello all!
Once again I'm after some advise.
I have a bunch of little girls aged 4 - 7 that LOVE colouring. I also have a 1 and 2 year old that LOVE putting everything in their mouths.
The problem is the felt pens and their lids etc are constantly falling from the table on the floor and I can't be constantly watching, nagging, and picking them up especially at the end of the day.
Does anyone know of some felt pens or crayons that are completely toddler safe?
I have bought some crayola flip top pens but there are only 6 colours (and no pink I have to add lol).
Does anyone have some really good ones that are really safe yet appealing?
Bit stuck on this one because I can't separate the toddlers from the area

blue bear
30-11-2015, 08:32 PM
We have Berol, I take the lids off at the beginning of the day and put them up high and they don't dry out, they are really good at washing out of things (don't know about sofas and carpets ) they last the best and we've tried quite a few :)

samb
30-11-2015, 09:05 PM
I also use berol now. I teach them to put the lid on the end of the pen. They should be able to by age 4-7 or if struggling they can ask each other for help? Used crayola before which were good but didn't last as long. I also use twistable crayons as it drove me mad that normal crayons just snapped and then no one wanted to use the bits!