PDA

View Full Version : Wheezing

jaykay79
30-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Hi all, could you give me some advice on your stance on breathing difficulties/chest infections/colds etc. I don't exclude for colds and coughs etc unless they happened to be especially unwell with them but I have a little one who when they get a cold, it ends up heavy on their chest and their breathing gets incredibly wheezy, just like bronchiolitis (which was what was diagnosed last time). It sounds so awful I'm constantly on edge thinking omg what if they get into serious difficulty etc. last time that did in fact happen, respiratory distress and hospital admission. Do you accept children if their general breathing sound is just pure wheezing? Thanks X

chris goodyear
01-12-2015, 08:07 AM
I don't think I would especially as lo has previously been diagnosed with a respiratory problem and could possibly need an emergency dash to the hospital. If it was an asthmatic child I would take them as long as I had the inhaler but not for anything else.

halor
01-12-2015, 12:47 PM
I would but that's only because my daughter gets similar problems. What I will say though, she can go downhill very quickly. She still goes to school etc but I speak to them and they keep an eye on her.

It's a difficult one, perhaps if I had the whole day planned to be outside I would hesitate as that is a classic situation for their chests to get worse.

Do they have anything for when child is wheezy? My daughter has inhalers, they don't know if she has asthma but she uses them as a precaution and also when needed and they make a big difference. As soon as we get to the end of Autumn she is ill with her chest, unfortunately if I kept her off each and every time she would never go to school.

Go with your gut, you know the child and howpoorly they can get.