PDA

View Full Version : St Andrews Day

mumofone
30-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Does anyone mark ST Andrews day with their mindees in any way?

Simona
30-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Does anyone mark ST Andrews day with their mindees in any way?

You can if your children are old enough to understand then do as you would for St George's Day or St David's Day with a clear aim in mind....UW and communities?

mama2three
30-11-2015, 01:17 PM
We do a little bit , nothing excessive. . we watched an episode of 'lets celebrate' about st andrews day on cebeebies together this morning. we got out a map and found scotland - looked at where we live , and where my dh lived when he was a little boy. we are making some scottish shortbread , and having cranachan for pudding tonight ( without the whisky!) . The fabric box has mainly tartan bits in it today , and we have been dancing with it to some celilidh music.

mumofone
30-11-2015, 06:40 PM
We do a little bit , nothing excessive. . we watched an episode of 'lets celebrate' about st andrews day on cebeebies together this morning. we got out a map and found scotland - looked at where we live , and where my dh lived when he was a little boy. we are making some scottish shortbread , and having cranachan for pudding tonight ( without the whisky!) . The fabric box has mainly tartan bits in it today , and we have been dancing with it to some celilidh music.

Wow that's amazing - that's A LOT! :-)
We in the end i didn't get around to doing anything, there's always next year!

Simona
01-12-2015, 10:12 AM
The favourite activity yesterday ...looks like ....was baking 'shortbread'!!
Maybe a packet of biscuits bought in the supermarket will have done the trick instead for those unable to bake!

And due to Murray winning the Davis cup the Scottish flag was flying everywhere...I imagine the children learnt something there if they saw it flying along the Union Jack at the seat of Parliament!!