PDA

View Full Version : Building work - loft conversion

KatysLittleOwls
29-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Hi,

I'm about to start a loft conversion. Scaffolding has started going up. Do I need to inform Ofsted, and if I do does anyone have a sample letter/risk assessment that they have used.

I've thought of most things I think ... SCaffolding out front will have bumper protectors around it, builders wont be coming in the house until they break through, at that time I will accompany children to toilet, No smoking/alcoholic drinks etc on premises, hoover each night or during day too if dusty, visitors book signed.

Can anyone think of anything else, or have you had anything else crop up when doing a loft conversion. I've not had building works before, so not really sure on what to do.

Thanks

Katy

sarah707
29-11-2015, 06:53 PM
You'll add more to the RA as time goes on...

Make sure you have floor space if you have moved things around to accommodate the builders and show in your planning how you are providing opportunities for children to go outside every day...

I let Ofsted know when it was happening - and that I'd risk assessed - and when it was finished.

I hope it goes well :D

samb
29-11-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm going to have my fireplace widened and a log burner added (it's an open fireplace at the moment) in the new year. As part of risk assessment I take it it's ok to say in the morning we would be at toddler group, then lunch in kitchen/diner, then nap time upstairs? And if ofsted decide they want to come that week can I say we won't be here on these days due to this on my risk assessment? (Sorry to jump on your thread but as its both building work related thought it most useful place to add!)