PDA

View Full Version : CPPD log

mumofone
28-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Hi, please could someone advise me on how best to record CPPD and just how much info you include or OFSTED would like to see. I've drawn up a table with a column for date and a column for topic, however i have sought advice for so many things (as you all know!) so would i realistically list all this stuff or just more major things and note them down. And how do you word it etc?
Thanks for any help anyone can give me! :-)

moggy
28-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Most important columns on a CPPD sheet are: what changes will you now make? what impact will that have on the children?... or worded something like that! Justr listing things you have found out or courses attended is only part of it- it is what you did as a result and how that impacts the children that counts. A column about 'what you are going to do next/in future as a result' is also good.

BallyH
28-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Plus maybe a column saying 'why you did the course in the first place' as Ofsted like us to admit to having weakness and are always looking for ways to improve ourselves and therefore improving the service we provide. Self reflection.

Simona
30-11-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi, please could someone advise me on how best to record CPPD and just how much info you include or OFSTED would like to see. I've drawn up a table with a column for date and a column for topic, however i have sought advice for so many things (as you all know!) so would i realistically list all this stuff or just more major things and note them down. And how do you word it etc?
Thanks for any help anyone can give me! :-)

I am not sure if it is for what 'Ofsted would like to see'...but you need a format that you are familiar with and can explain as every inspector is different....but the framework is now common.

4 things are usually needed in a CPPD log....or so I learnt but it may have changed
What you did...attended a special training or shared info with other providers or read something or updated a policy/document/guidance
When you did it...so the date
why you did it
and the last column is your reflection in terms of outcomes for your children and your personal development.

rickysmiths
30-11-2015, 02:05 PM
I am not sure if it is for what 'Ofsted would like to see'...but you need a format that you are familiar with and can explain as every inspector is different....but the framework is now common.

4 things are usually needed in a CPPD log....or so I learnt but it may have changed
What you did...attended a special training or shared info with other providers or read something or updated a policy/document/guidance
When you did it...so the date
why you did it
and the last column is your reflection in terms of outcomes for your children and your personal development.

That is what my inspector in Sept expected to see and she quized me on training and wanted to know the impact it had had on my setting and the children, she picked out one specific training I had done before my last inspection as well and asked about that. She expected to see CPD mentioned throughout the SEF as well detailing the impact.

Simona
30-11-2015, 02:18 PM
That is what my inspector in Sept expected to see and she quized me on training and wanted to know the impact it had had on my setting and the children, she picked out one specific training I had done before my last inspection as well and asked about that. She expected to see CPD mentioned throughout the SEF as well detailing the impact.

Oh good to hear it has not changed.
The other thing some providers add is the hours spent on their CPPD...does anyone do that?....I remember it being part of the pacey CPPD