PDA

View Full Version : Childcare and Early Years Providers Survey

catswhiskers
26-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Anyone received this from the Dept for Education? They're doing a survey and saying an interviewer will contact me between Nov and Dec but to complete a very long winded form beforehand so it doesn't take longer than 20 mins?

The first question on the form asks 'How many children under the age of 8 have you personally got registered with Ofsted?'

That doesn't make sense for starters.

I could go on but as usual anything I receive in the childminding world just before Christmas has to take a backstage as I'm so busy!

Mouse
26-11-2015, 10:49 PM
I have heard of other people getting it, but I haven't.

Was it sent at random, do you know, or have you filled something in to say they can contact you?

Simona
26-11-2015, 11:48 PM
Anyone received this from the Dept for Education? They're doing a survey and saying an interviewer will contact me between Nov and Dec but to complete a very long winded form beforehand so it doesn't take longer than 20 mins?

The first question on the form asks 'How many children under the age of 8 have you personally got registered with Ofsted?'

That doesn't make sense for starters.

I could go on but as usual anything I receive in the childminding world just before Christmas has to take a backstage as I'm so busy!

Do you have A link to the survey?
If not we may be able to find it on the DfE website.....sounds intriguing...anything to do with ratios ?

Simona
27-11-2015, 09:34 AM
The DfE does these surveys on a regular basis...it maybe they have just started sending the 2015 ones out as they are not on their website yet.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/childcare-and-early-years-providers-survey

catswhiskers
27-11-2015, 11:36 PM
I can't do links but question 2 asks "what was the date on the last Wednesday you were open during term-time?"

Then goes on to ask how many under school aged children and school aged children THAT Wednesday then how many 2 year olds received government funding provision on that Wednesday and how many 3 and 4 years olds.

But then it goes on to ask about personal stuff like for the same 12 month period what was your total income relating to childminding, what were your total costs for this 12 month period. Then it splits into stuff like areas of cost e.g. materials, business rates, insurance, staff costs, decorating or repairs.

There's lots in between and then question 17 asks "What is the total size of any outstanding balances of any loans and/or overdrafts you currently have?"

Then question 20 asks "After deducting all costs relating to your childminding, how much CHILDMINDING income did you personally earn in this 12 month period"?

I'm just about keeping on top of things let along replying to questionaires so will pass on this one.

I'm having a stall at the local library Xmas fair in aid of the Alzheimers Society from 11-5 tomorrow so won't be able to reply.

Simona
28-11-2015, 10:21 AM
I can't do links but question 2 asks "what was the date on the last Wednesday you were open during term-time?"

Then goes on to ask how many under school aged children and school aged children THAT Wednesday then how many 2 year olds received government funding provision on that Wednesday and how many 3 and 4 years olds.

But then it goes on to ask about personal stuff like for the same 12 month period what was your total income relating to childminding, what were your total costs for this 12 month period. Then it splits into stuff like areas of cost e.g. materials, business rates, insurance, staff costs, decorating or repairs.

There's lots in between and then question 17 asks "What is the total size of any outstanding balances of any loans and/or overdrafts you currently have?"

Then question 20 asks "After deducting all costs relating to your childminding, how much CHILDMINDING income did you personally earn in this 12 month period"?

I'm just about keeping on top of things let along replying to questionaires so will pass on this one.

I'm having a stall at the local library Xmas fair in aid of the Alzheimers Society from 11-5 tomorrow so won't be able to reply.

Thank you very much for your reply.
I will try to find out if this is something that will be sent to all cms and what the relevance of this questionnaire is.
There is another thread elsewhere by another cm so it looks like others have also received it.

catswhiskers
29-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Yes Simona, I think you're right about the DfE just sending out these surveys.

It seems the survey is being conducted by TNS BNRB (with input from NCB) on behalf of the DfE.

At the end of the survey the Further Information part gives www.tns.bmrb.co.uk and Home | UK children's charity | National Children's Bureau (http://www.ncb.org.uk) but nothing but their blurb about themselves really.