PDA

View Full Version : Well...

SonnysMummy
06-08-2008, 08:08 PM
:panic: Ok...here goes!!!...
I've haven't been around for a couple of weeks because to be honest i felt i was at the end of my tether with the whole childminding shebang and have been seriously considering giving up before i've even got started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:panic : :panic:
I joined a nanny agency and i now have a couple of families that are interested in interviewing me. The pay is phenomonal.........at least £7 per hour net!!!!!!!!
So i was all up for going down that route and then...ring ring!!! Childminding enquiries begin:rolleyes: Can you believe it!!!!!!!???
So i'm just thinking i'll kepp my options open before commiting to anything. I have a lady coming round with a 4 month old baby tomorrow to have a look round and she would want 2 days per week from september and i have a lady with a 4 and 7 year old coming round on monday who would want after school only, 5 days per week and a couple of days per week in the school holidays.
What the bleep do i do now?!! I don't want to have to let anyone down in the end but obviously even if they come round or i have interviews with the families for nannying,it's not guarenteed they will all say yes.
Another fine mess i've gone and gotten myself into:D

Also...another little bit of help i need...what kind of activities do you do with 4 and 7 year olds...i have some ideas but now i'm worrying that i don't have enough resources/toys for that age-group.

Kelly:)

Angela234
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Arts/crafts
Hama beads
K'nex
role play
cooking
playdoh/clay
sand
colouring
wordsearch
computer

Kids these ages will play with most things the younger ones do

Angela

miffy
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Why not explore all options and see which you like best?

The biggest advantage I can see with childminding is you are your own boss but it does take time to build up your business.

Activities for 4 and 7 year olds - I would ask them what they like to do and go from there.

Good luck - let us know what you decide

Miffy xx

Pedagog
07-08-2008, 07:54 AM
My children all loved crafts at that age.

SonnysMummy
07-08-2008, 12:14 PM
I can't believe it...the mum with the baby didn't turn up. That's twice i've arranged parents to come and have a look around and twice that they haven't turned up. No call to let me know again either!!! If the lady with the school children doesn't turn up on Monday then that is it...i am not going to continue with childminding:(

sarah707
07-08-2008, 12:22 PM
I can't believe it...the mum with the baby didn't turn up. That's twice i've arranged parents to come and have a look around and twice that they haven't turned up. No call to let me know again either!!! If the lady with the school children doesn't turn up on Monday then that is it...i am not going to continue with childminding:(

Oh what a pity :( Some people are very ignorant.

Fingers crossed for Monday. xx

SonnysMummy
07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks...i need it!!!
Also thanks for the other replies ladies...i think i'll ok with the activities i have to offer then:)

samgeordie
07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I really hope the other mum turns up, i can't believe the other woman never even phoned you to say she couldn't come. Id stil be tempeted to childminder rather than nanny as you are more in control of things if you know what I mean. Keeping my fingers crossed for you

SonnysMummy
07-08-2008, 05:09 PM
I really would rather childmind but money is that tight, i really need some money coming in asap. I haven't got time to wait ages for business to come my way. I just need a couple of mindees to get me going!!! I want to childmind so that i can be with my 14 month old son. Most families don't like nannies to bring their own children along i've been told. I'm doing some supply work in a nursery at the moment for some cash really and having to leave my son. I've told them i can only do three days a week but it's still so hard to leave him. Iknow women do it every single day...otherwise there would be no need for childminders, would there, but i just hate it!!!