PDA

View Full Version : Bug

Helly Belly
24-11-2015, 02:42 PM
15mth old had worse loose/ smelly nappy just before home time on Friday , mum said dad had chest infection and sister poorly at school and needed calpol , baby sent to me today (Tuesday)and everything drink and food came straight out again causing very sore bum 3 watery poops I asked for him to be collected which grandma did an hour later , mum text said definitely teething, in last 8mths he's never suffered with teeth I've says 48 hrs after last watery poop whenever that is , I needed to tell sons one and DH is in a meeting thanks for listening

Mouse
24-11-2015, 03:42 PM
It's so hard when parents swear it's down to teething.

I have one mum who often tries bringing her ill son. One time she told me his sickness was definitely down to teething because they'd googled it and that's what it said! Another time she told me he'd been sick, but it was because he had become dairy intolerant (over night), so not to give him any milk or cheese that day.
The daft thing is, she knows I'll say I can't have him, so I don't know why she tries it on.

lollipop kid
24-11-2015, 03:56 PM
15mth old had worse loose/ smelly nappy just before home time on Friday , mum said dad had chest infection and sister poorly at school and needed calpol , baby sent to me today (Tuesday)and everything drink and food came straight out again causing very sore bum 3 watery poops I asked for him to be collected which grandma did an hour later , mum text said definitely teething, in last 8mths he's never suffered with teeth I've says 48 hrs after last watery poop whenever that is , I needed to tell sons one and DH is in a meeting thanks for listening

Here's an exerpt from my sickness policy.

Teething: There is little evidence that fever (temperature above 37.5 degrees) and mild diarrhoea are caused by teething. Teething should not cause your child to become unwell. If your baby or child has a high temperature (fever), diarrhoea or other symptoms and is unwell, then please do not bring them to xxxxxxxx. Instead, you should see your doctor to check for another cause of their symptoms. (For example, an ear infection, chest infection or urinary infection.)

Baby Teething. Age, Symptoms and Signs of Teething | Patient (http://patient.info/health/teething)

Hope it helps.

I also tell parents that the only thing teething produces is teeth! :D

Big hugs - we've all been there!

LK

BallyH
24-11-2015, 04:16 PM
It's very hard. All my mindees has some degree of a cough at the moment which I can now feel my throat tickle. Am not impressed!

mumofone
25-11-2015, 07:29 AM
It's very hard. All my mindees has some degree of a cough at the moment which I can now feel my throat tickle. Am not impressed!

Urgh I have one here with a cough too, mum didn't blink an eye...it better not make the others and me I'll grrr!

tess1981
25-11-2015, 07:51 AM

This is the one part of the job I dislike. We can't exclude for colds so when they get a cough or runny nose etc we get it :( but if I get something the children had when I answer the door to parents that morning and they see I'm unwell I'm like it's a quiet day for us today while Im feeling like this ;)

bunyip
25-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Teething does not cause diarrhoea. It can be coincidental with it, but correlation is not the same as causation.

Medical wisdom teaches that diarrhoea in infants is frequently a result of the digestive system sorting out the balance of it's gut-flora (one reason why they suggest we don't give 'live' yoghurts to lo's). The timing of this is usually about the same time that lo's are cutting teeth.

mumofone
29-11-2015, 04:50 PM
This is the one part of the job I dislike. We can't exclude for colds so when they get a cough or runny nose etc we get it :( but if I get something the children had when I answer the door to parents that morning and they see I'm unwell I'm like it's a quiet day for us today while Im feeling like this ;)

Yeh My son and I are now I'll thanks to one mum sending her poorly DS last week, so annoyed :-(