PDA

View Full Version : Latest OFSTED childcare statistics

Simona
24-11-2015, 01:13 PM
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/childcare-providers-and-inspections-as-at-31-august-2015

Response from PLA CEO on cms agencies is 'spot on'

Early years providers leave childcare market | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/nursery-world/news/1154891/early-years-providers-leave-childcare-market?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

bunyip
24-11-2015, 02:19 PM
I wonder if Ms Truss will crawl out of her cowshed to comment on the outstanding success of her childcare strategy?

I seem to recall in another life she described the agency model would ".....provide a boost for childminders and hard-working families." :rolleyes:

Simona
24-11-2015, 02:35 PM
I wonder if Ms Truss will crawl out of her cowshed to comment on the outstanding success of her childcare strategy?

I seem to recall in another life she described the agency model would ".....provide a boost for childminders and hard-working families." :rolleyes:

Nah Bunyip ...she is too busy killing bees at the moment and flogging cheese to China :angry:

mumofone
25-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Interesting that childminders are leaving in droves....on this forum I feel new ones are always starting but probably not enough in the great scheme of things....

Still don't get particularly who so many leave

loocyloo
25-11-2015, 08:07 AM
Interesting that childminders are leaving in droves....on this forum I feel new ones are always starting but probably not enough in the great scheme of things....

In my rural area with not many minders ... I know of 3 who have given up in the last 6 mths. I know of 1 who is starting the process ... I don't know how long she'll take or how long she will mind for ...

Simona
25-11-2015, 10:14 AM

Some cms leave for greener pastures...others have come to the end of their career in childcare....others go work somewhere else then often come back....others open their own business elsewhere....many will be jumping on the new wagon in January 2016 when cms can work in schools....many have left because of the agency saga and fear of the unknown...more and more demands on EYFS, paperwork and red tape....many detest Ofsted....despite all promises cms still trail behind the EY sector and we are not on a level playing field as yet....too many consultations that proved to be a waste of time....Childcare Ministers that were useless so poor representation.

some have left because they have had enough of where childcare is going which is nowhere near putting children's need first but a political football....too many changes each time we change govt....and LAs becoming more and more demanding for the immoral funding they offer us...( as if it was their money in the first place?)
Many cms cannot afford to subsidise childcare

Cms are no different to other self employed/employed...the only difference is that Ofsted publish our ever decreasing numbers....but never admit they are the cause of the exodus in the first place together with the DfE

Neither Ofsted nor DfE listened to cms when we told them about 'no need for agencies'
Enough is enough for many cms at the moment!

I think those are just a few reasons ...but many will have heard of more!