PDA

View Full Version : Childminding magazines

mumofone
24-11-2015, 09:25 AM
I know everything is done online these days but I wondered if there are any childminding magazines that anyone knows of as I still love magazines and would be interested in buying and reading them :-)

Simona
24-11-2015, 09:50 AM
I know everything is done online these days but I wondered if there are any childminding magazines that anyone knows of as I still love magazines and would be interested in buying and reading them :-)

Are you talking about childcare periodicals or specifically childminding ones?
For the vast majority you would need to pay a subscription then you get the hard copy via the post...or if you are a member of an association you get them as part of your membership package
Online you may be restricted to read only certain articles.

mumofone
24-11-2015, 09:53 AM
Are you talking about childcare periodicals or specifically childminding ones? For the vast majority you would need to pay a subscription then you get the hard copy via the post...or if you are a member of an association you get them as part of your membership package Online you may be restricted to read only certain articles.

Ones like "who minds? ", is that a paper one?

Simona
24-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Ones like "who minds? ", is that a paper one?

Not sure that magazine has that title now?...it may have changed but an ncma member will clarify for you.

Yes it was a paper one when I used to get it but not sure if you can now get it online.

For me the best is EYE (early Years Educator) but it depends what you are looking for.

bunyip
24-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Not sure that magazine has that title now?...it may have changed but an ncma member will clarify for you.

Yes it was a paper one when I used to get it but not sure if you can now get it online.

For me the best is EYE (early Years Educator) but it depends what you are looking for.

It is now called childcare PROFESSIONAL.

I hope we all agree that pacey's use of lower case and CAPITAL letters creates a very 'professional' impression of EY education practioners. :rolleyes:

Simona
24-11-2015, 02:41 PM
It is now called childcare PROFESSIONAL.

I hope we all agree that pacey's use of lower case and CAPITAL letters creates a very 'professional' impression of EY education practioners. :rolleyes:

Ah yes...now I remember.
I assume it has to cover all professionals now not just cms.
Sorry I said NCMA....it should have been PACEY...is there an issue with the use of lower/upper case letters?

mumofone
24-11-2015, 07:13 PM
It is now called childcare PROFESSIONAL. I hope we all agree that pacey's use of lower case and CAPITAL letters creates a very 'professional' impression of EY education practioners. :rolleyes:

Haha lol...

mumofone
24-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Not sure that magazine has that title now?...it may have changed but an ncma member will clarify for you. Yes it was a paper one when I used to get it but not sure if you can now get it online. For me the best is EYE (early Years Educator) but it depends what you are looking for.

Thanks guys, but I'd have to join Pacey in order to get it? I just wondered if Wh smith sell any I could just buy (not ive not looked yet,..dont tell me off !!) :-) x

Simona
24-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys, but I'd have to join Pacey in order to get it? I just wondered if Wh smith sell any I could just buy (not ive not looked yet,..dont tell me off !!) :-) x

For the Pacey one yes...and PLA too...it is part of the m'ship
but you could order NWorld ...as an example....via your newsagent to buy every 2 weeks....I think you can still do that?

That way it would be very costly though because a yearly subscription will save you money
Could you borrow some copies from others and then decide what suits you best?

bunyip
24-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Ah yes...now I remember.
I assume it has to cover all professionals now not just cms.
Sorry I said NCMA....it should have been PACEY...is there an issue with the use of lower/upper case letters?

I think you spelled "PACEY" wrong................. they call it "pacey".

I won't even get started on my 4yo mindee's extremely non-PC attempt at pronouncing it phonically. :p :panic: :eek:

Pixie dust
24-11-2015, 07:52 PM

You can normally get Nursery World and EYE at WHsmith, they normally hold a few copies.

mumofone
24-11-2015, 08:28 PM
You can normally get Nursery World and EYE at WHsmith, they normally hold a few copies.

Oh wow thanks PD, I'll take a look when I'm next in town :-) xx

mumofone
24-11-2015, 08:29 PM
I think you spelled "PACEY" wrong................. they call it "pacey". I won't even get started on my 4yo mindee's extremely non-PC attempt at pronouncing it phonically. :p :panic: :eek:

Lol! Oops!

Simona
24-11-2015, 09:39 PM
I think you spelled "PACEY" wrong................. they call it "pacey".

I won't even get started on my 4yo mindee's extremely non-PC attempt at pronouncing it phonically. :p :panic: :eek:

I have come out with one way your little one may be pronouncing the word...but it is unprintable!

bunyip
24-11-2015, 10:00 PM
I have come out with one way your little one may be pronouncing the word...but it is unprintable!

Yes.....that one. :eek:

bunyip
26-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Has anyone else done the survey on the "quality" of the pacey rag?

Did you notice anyone can link to the survey from the pacey website without logging in as a member?

"Professional" eh? :rolleyes: