PDA

View Full Version : Does your OFSTED grading affect your business?

mumofone
23-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Just wondered if anyone felt their OFSTED grade affects how many customers they get ie. If you're outstanding dyou think people are extra keen to use you and you get more customers or dyou think you'd get just as many of you were "good" and if you're satisfactory do you feel this outs anyone off?

AgentTink
23-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Just wondered if anyone felt their OFSTED grade affects how many customers they get ie. If you're outstanding dyou think people are extra keen to use you and you get more customers or dyou think you'd get just as many of you were "good" and if you're satisfactory do you feel this outs anyone off?

I have always had enquiries without the parents even knowing what my Ofsted grade is. I know when I send my report to new parents that quite a few of them didnt even read it as they had been recommended to use me by their friends/family. So even though I just got outstanding I dont think it will change the amount of enquire I get since majority are through word of mouth. My Ofsted grade is just a nice little cherry on top for most parents. :thumbsup:

amanda1309
23-11-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm good and always have been and I've always been full.
I'm currently turning people away and I don't think any of my parents have ever read my OFSTED report. X

BallyH
23-11-2015, 04:10 PM
To my knowledge none of my parents have read my report. I don't mention my current grade as I could quickly loose it. I get most of my enquiries through word of mouth or people approach me when I'm standing in a toddler group or the playground. So,in my experience, you and your current mindees are your best advert.

JCrakers
23-11-2015, 04:16 PM
I've had 3 goods and I've no idea if anyone has read my report. I always send existing parents the link and my website has a link on it but no one has ever mentioned it when they come round.

I'm full to bursting but that's just because there's high demand for childcare and only 2 childminders this side of town.

AliceK
23-11-2015, 06:35 PM
No, I don't think it makes much difference. The people who call me don't know what my grade is and they never ask. My most recent report is in my folder which they can read if they wish when they visit me. Certainly as a parent using childminders when my DS was small I wasn't at all interested in the grading of my childminder.
IMO grading means not a lot I'm afraid. My local school is Outstanding and believe me it most certainly is NOT :angry: It makes me very disillusioned with it all I'm afraid - sorry :blush:

xxx