PDA

View Full Version : Prevent Duty training help, please

Mouse
23-11-2015, 10:40 AM
I've spent half an hour this morning doing the prevent duty training.

It says how we should know who our local Channel Police Practitioner is. How do you find that out? I have tried googling it, but can't find anything.

How did you all find yours?

AgentTink
23-11-2015, 10:56 AM

It says how we should know who our local Channel Police Practitioner is. How do you find that out? I have tried googling it, but can't find anything.

I read from the training that in most areas you follow your normal safeguarding procedures however there is a few high priority areas within the country who have direct dial numbers to report concerns to. I had a quick search in my councils prevent information and no where did it give a particular name or contact and just kept referring to our Customer Access Team which is the same as safegaurding. I was asked about this in my plast week and this was the answer i said and she said I was correct for my area.

Maybe you could ring your safeguarding team to find out?

JCrakers
23-11-2015, 11:04 AM
We don't have a separate number to ring, We ring our Local Safeguarding Team, the same line as we would if a child was in danger or we had any concerns etc :thumbsup:

AgentTink
23-11-2015, 11:08 AM
This is the link to my councils prevent booklet, and it states on page 3 towards the bottom to follow normal safeguarding procedures and report to our MASH team.

http://www.seftonlscb.co.uk/media/9718/Section-18-CHANNEL-Procedure-Sept-15.pdf

loocyloo
23-11-2015, 02:36 PM
We don't have a separate number to ring, We ring our Local Safeguarding Team, the same line as we would if a child was in danger or we had any concerns etc :thumbsup:

same here in North Yorkshire.

Mouse
23-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Thanks all.

I've looked on the local SCB websites and can't see much mention of it so will assume it's the same numbers I need.

mama2three
02-12-2015, 09:36 AM
I thought it was mash but have checked and Nottingham city and shire scb site does say to contact police prevent team - thanks for posting this as I need to change my policy !

phoenix2010
17-01-2016, 03:58 PM

engine (http://course.ncalt.com/Channel_General_Awareness/01/index.html)

bunyip
17-01-2016, 04:11 PM
I thought it was mash but have checked and Nottingham city and shire scb site does say to contact police prevent team - thanks for posting this as I need to change my policy !

:laughing: Good luck with that. :clapping:

I know a teacher who went into the North Church Street station and asked the Dibbles for information on the city's prevent team. The desk sergeant called for assistance because he was suspicious. :panic:

They're far better at harassing young people who campaign for somewhere to live. :(

Maza
18-01-2016, 08:05 PM
I asked my DO on Friday and she said just follow the safeguarding procedure. She said they are due to get a separate Prevent number soon and will email it to us all when she does.

My January inset at my new school was on Prevent and it was led by the borough's police channel practitioner, and our school's safeguarding person would contact him but as a childminder in the same borough I would go through the usual safeguarding for the time being.