PDA

View Full Version : Administering calpol

mumofone
23-11-2015, 10:33 AM
I don't want this post to sound like I give out calpol easily - I don't. I just want to seek clarification on something...can I buy a bottle of calpol and use this to give to mindees if ever needed and assuming I have parents consent OR does it HAVE to have been provided by the parents themselves? Also, what would be the correct way to clean the syringe if using for multiple mindees? Thank you :-) x

BallyH
23-11-2015, 12:27 PM
I don't want this post to sound like I give out calpol easily - I don't. I just want to seek clarification on something...can I buy a bottle of calpol and use this to give to mindees if ever needed and assuming I have parents consent OR does it HAVE to have been provided by the parents themselves? Also, what would be the correct way to clean the syringe if using for multiple mindees? Thank you :-) x

They have to provide the calpol, in a bottle/box with the child's name on, dosage required etc.

With the shringe, I normally squirt mine in my antibacterial washing up liquid a few times and let it air dry. Hopefully other posts will share also.

loocyloo
23-11-2015, 12:34 PM
All my minded children provide either a bottle or sachets - named, dated with parental signature.

I tell the parents that if they don't provide it, and child needs it, I do not have any to give.

If they require a syringe, they provide it. And like MOH I wash and air dry.

kellib
23-11-2015, 12:49 PM
I'm the same, parents have to supply it. Not one family has given me any though so when a child has a temp they have to go home!

Sometimes one family comes prepared with calpol sachets in they think child will need some during the day.

AliceK
23-11-2015, 12:53 PM
I have used my own bottle in the past, I write it all up on the medication form and I was told to also write on there the LOT and Expiry Date as well.

I don't do this anymore but only because my own children are older so I only have the 6+ stuff now.

xx