PDA

View Full Version : Mirrors

mumofone
22-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Does anyone use mirrors in their setting? I've read it helps with psed or something? How have you done it as I'm thinking of adding some to my playroom but unsure. There's mirrors throughout the whole house but not aimed at the kids specifically and probably too high for them to look in...

BallyH
22-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Does anyone use mirrors in their setting? I've read it helps with psed or something? How have you done it as I'm thinking of adding some to my playroom but unsure. There's mirrors throughout the whole house but not aimed at the kids specifically and probably too high for them to look in...

I managed to get online some 'child friendly' plastic mirrors which stick on any surface. They are oblong approx 60cms tall and 20 wide and I have a few stuck to the walls above the skirting and higher. Babies crawl up to them and lo's constantly interact with them from watching themselves 'chat' on the mobile phones, admiring dressing up, performing 'shows' in front of them to practising 'faces' when we read books about different emotions.

k1rstie
22-11-2015, 11:06 PM
I have some huge overs that are round and 65cm across. I spotted them on eBay. I was chuffed to bits to get them. They are outside nursery ones.

I have not put them up, but the younger kids love them. They like to just look at themselves. The babies like to sit in the middle of one and look down at themselves through their legs. They are also great for putting my shiny mirror pebbles/minstrels on.

Simona
23-11-2015, 09:00 AM
Mirrors...what a wonderful resource...on the wall, on the floor, at all levels for all children and ...in the garden, in fact I would say everywhere.

They are mentioned in Development Matters Mumofone.
PSED... definitely Yes but also many other areas will be covered by using them.

I had 4 on the wall at different levels...one largish one on the floor for babies to coo into and many hand-held ones in their treasure basket or the role play for hairdressers and jewellery box!
Have fun!