PDA

View Full Version : Gov Spending Review, what on earth does this mean?

moggy
22-11-2015, 09:04 AM
'Spending on early years is vulnerable too, despite a commitment to increase the free childcare for working parents to 30 hours.
It is possible these will not be funded at the same level of staffing as the existing 15 hours offered to parents in England.'

Right at the end of this report:
Spending Review: Schools to get 'fair funding' formula - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-34891689)

Sounds like things could get very messy- different levels of staffing for different funding?! Is this also why the EYFS has not been updated yet, are ratio changes back on the agenda? :panic:

Simona
22-11-2015, 10:53 AM
I am assuming that Wednesday is when we will find out....but I hear Osborne's speech had been leaked?
What is utterly unbelievable is that the Funding Review consultation is to be announced at the same time as the Spending Review...very convenient for the govt!

Unfortunately I personally do not trust the govt's promise that the PM will make sure providers get paid 'higher' funding...his promises are not to be relied on...but he may yet surprise us...with recent events I doubt it!...surely funding his private jet is more of a priority!

Regardless of our concerns Gyimah said recently the 30 hours will go ahead...that's ominous

We were discussing the 30 hours a few days ago on EYtalking...one of the 'implementers'...or 'volunteers' as they are called, have to submit their innovative ideas ahead of the Spending Review...that is telling ...is it not?

At the same time as the Spending Review the Childcare Bill goes back to the House of Lords...same day!