PDA

View Full Version : Moving house

Louise_Oaktree
18-11-2015, 02:43 PM
We have accepted an offer on our house (yipee!) and are about to offer on a bigger house and I can't wait to get started on my play room, anyway my question is I took down all of my posters etc in order for the estate agent to photograph the house and I can't find my Ofsted certificate :eek: I know it has to be displayed as was instructed by my development worker last week, but I am well overdue an inspection (3 years March gone). If I phone Ofsted am I going to get pushed to the top of the list? I really want to try and get moved before my next inspection but I know they could call at any time. Does anyone have any experience of this? Will Ofsted want to do another inspection at my new house?

BallyH
18-11-2015, 04:08 PM
We have accepted an offer on our house (yipee!) and are about to offer on a bigger house and I can't wait to get started on my play room, anyway my question is I took down all of my posters etc in order for the estate agent to photograph the house and I can't find my Ofsted certificate :eek: I know it has to be displayed as was instructed by my development worker last week, but I am well overdue an inspection (3 years March gone). If I phone Ofsted am I going to get pushed to the top of the list? I really want to try and get moved before my next inspection but I know they could call at any time. Does anyone have any experience of this? Will Ofsted want to do another inspection at my new house?

Phone ofsted and explain you need a new certificate, the phone operators are very pleasant. Who knows if it'll move you 'up the list' if such a list exists and operates that way. You would be heavily penalised if they appear and you don't have the certificate on display. When you move house you will have to forward them your new address. In times gones by they did come to see the new house, a new extension etc, but I think those days are gone (I might be wrong). However I would be prepared either way. When you start packing risk assess just in case they appear when you are a few days from moving. Have a few boxes put by for the first few days of settling into your new house in case the inspection should happen then. Either way best of luck with your move.

Louise_Oaktree
20-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the great advice, I sent them an email and they said I can phone and order a new one which I have done. :thumbsup:

skyblue
20-11-2015, 01:27 PM
I moved house just over a year ago. They haven't been out to inspect the new house but said when they do my next routine inspection they will look round properly then. I have also notified them of a few other things since but this hasn't triggered an inspection yet.

loocyloo
20-11-2015, 01:40 PM
I moved house just over a year ago. They haven't been out to inspect the new house but said when they do my next routine inspection they will look round properly then. I have also notified them of a few other things since but this hasn't triggered an inspection yet.

I moved 4 1/2 years ago, and then 4 years ago .... I'm still waiting for a visit!

samb
21-11-2015, 11:47 AM
I was last inspected dec 2010, moved July 2014, had an issue when I took on an assistant and was investigated in sept 2014 (all was fine / they had wrong info) but still haven't had another full inspection. So nothing has moved me up the list as it were. I wish I had a full inspection when they came last year! But I agree, if you haven't found your certificate I would call them to get another one.

k1rstie
21-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Just ring them, confess, and ask for a new one. You might be charged, but at least you will have a certificate.