PDA

View Full Version : our new toy

mama2three
17-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Ebay bargain at £10 , Im just as excited as the kids!!

loocyloo
17-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Oooo ... Have fun :-)

Maza
17-11-2015, 03:04 PM
I would absolutely LOVE one of those! Baragain!!!

Mouse
17-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Fantastic!

You've got yourself a bargain there!

FussyElmo
17-11-2015, 03:36 PM
Until I saw this I didn't know just how much I needed one :laughing::laughing:

Just like when passing a shop the other day and seeing a suit of armour. Dh flatly refused to stop :laughing::laughing:

FloraDora
17-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Ebay bargain at £10 , Im just as excited as the kids!!

This has made me smile!
Historical artefact.

My mid career was based on overhead projectors...I remember when we first had one..in the hall for hymn lyrics and then in our classroom....I was given one for reception ...and it was brilliant for exactly what you are doing with it....much to my then HT annoyance...children touching this precious machinery?!
I used it for maths...revealing a shape number lines tesselation etc.. and my then maths coordinator wasn't best pleased with the play aspect either ...especially when I requested jewel coloured counters and shapes.....then the maths advisor visited..and recommended using it for hands on interaction activities ......school catalogues started producing overhead projector maths kits...all the stuff I had ordered 2 years earlier...so I got them all again when a new maths leader felt this kit was a necessary resource for all classes..the Dfee even produced a booklett about useful maths activities ( you may find it in the archives) .....then cam the interactive whiteboard.....and overhead lights that linked with the class computer and my laptop....and my lessons and play activities using the OP became dinosaur like .......then my bulb went....I limped on for another year by pinching parts from old OP's that I had persuaded my caretaker to hoard...church donated theirs to me too....but finally succumbed and gave it up...which was a sad day. I saved my reception budget for a light box but it never worked the same...and no amount of lights could make the same effect in the nativity on Angel Gabriel's appearance or to light up the star.
I would love another one ...but it takes up lots of room!
Great ebay bargain.

mumofone
17-11-2015, 03:44 PM
This has made me smile! Historical artefact. My mid career was based on overhead projectors...I remember when we first had one..in the hall for hymn lyrics and then in our classroom....I was given one for reception ...and it was brilliant for exactly what you are doing with it....much to my then HT annoyance...children touching this precious machinery?! I used it for maths...revealing a shape number lines tesselation etc.. and my then maths coordinator wasn't best pleased with the play aspect either ...especially when I requested jewel coloured counters and shapes.....then the maths advisor visited..and recommended using it for hands on interaction activities ......school catalogues started producing overhead projector maths kits...all the stuff I had ordered 2 years earlier...so I got them all again when a new maths leader felt this kit was a necessary resource for all classes..the Dfee even produced a booklett about useful maths activities ( you may find it in the archives) .....then cam the interactive whiteboard.....and overhead lights that linked with the class computer and my laptop....and my lessons and play activities using the OP became dinosaur like .......then my bulb went....I limped on for another year by pinching parts from old OP's that I had persuaded my caretaker to hoard...church donated theirs to me too....but finally succumbed and gave it up...which was a sad day. I saved my reception budget for a light box but it never worked the same...and no amount of lights could make the same effect in the nativity on Angel Gabriel's appearance or to light up the star. I would love another one ...but it takes up lots of room! Great ebay bargain.

And breathe.....! :-)

Mouse
17-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Until I saw this I didn't know just how much I needed one :laughing::laughing:
:

So, who else has been looking on ebay to see if there are any for sale local to them :laughing:

FussyElmo
17-11-2015, 04:09 PM
So, who else has been looking on ebay to see if there are any for sale local to them :laughing:

Trying to resist temptation trying so very hard to resist 😂😂

Maza
17-11-2015, 06:21 PM
I just can't even begin to describe my DH's face if I walked in the house with one of those!

Floradora - I've never really got the appeal of light boxes either - but then I haven't ever used one, so I could be wrong.

mama2three
17-11-2015, 06:23 PM
my bug mad boy had different ideas for it!

BallyH
17-11-2015, 06:28 PM

Me and it has 1 bid on at £25.99!

mumofone
17-11-2015, 06:30 PM

Haha so cool! :-)

Mouse
17-11-2015, 06:30 PM

LOVE it!!

I was wondering which wall I'd be able to use as I don't have any plain walls. but then when I looked on ebay I saw a roll up white screen as well!!

BallyH
17-11-2015, 06:32 PM

Ohhhh, could I hire it for my insoection?? Only joking.

Maza
17-11-2015, 06:34 PM

Amazing! I bet the children can't wait to come to yours again tomorrow.
This post is almost as bad as lollipop kid's post about cute fluffy bunnies! So tempting.
Mouse - I've also been looking at my walls!

mama2three
17-11-2015, 07:01 PM
one in Romford at £5 , one in Sheffield at £10. lots more too around the country