PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting/occasional childminding

keohane1
16-11-2015, 06:59 PM
I am a registered childminder but gave up 4 months ago to start a part time job. I have so much time on my hands and was thinking about offering a babysitting service for evenings/weekends and overnight care in my own home or in their own home.
I am still registered and still have my insurance with Pacey. What would I have to do to offer this service! Do I have to do any paperwork, what could I charge etc.
I Would be interested to hear from childminders who offer similar services and how it goes. Thanks in advance

Simona
17-11-2015, 10:20 AM
I am a registered childminder but gave up 4 months ago to start a part time job. I have so much time on my hands and was thinking about offering a babysitting service for evenings/weekends and overnight care in my own home or in their own home.
I am still registered and still have my insurance with Pacey. What would I have to do to offer this service! Do I have to do any paperwork, what could I charge etc.
I Would be interested to hear from childminders who offer similar services and how it goes. Thanks in advance

you can offer baby sitting without having to worry about many things ...no paperwork...'usually' baby sitting is from the parents' own home .
You can build up a list of families to baby sit for or just one or 2 who use you regularly.

You have a good advantage over other baby sitters as you have experience of working with children and have been first aid trained.
Not sure what charged are in your area but you can check Babysitters.com...or such like...around here the charge is £10ph or more!!

Good luck!