PDA

View Full Version : level 3

shazsull
16-11-2015, 01:02 PM
can i ask the more knowledgable amongst you what the difference in the level 3 s are .i recently did mine funded by my la with the childcare company (if i cant put that please delete) so i am now the proud owner of cache level 3 diploma for the children and young people s work force. yet afriend of mine seems to think this is a bit of a rubbish level 3 and her one which she didnt finish was better .opinions please

loocyloo
16-11-2015, 05:30 PM
hello,

a level 3 diploma in childcare certified by CACHE is a level 3 diploma certified by CACHE! I 'think' the children and young peoples work force diploma is now renamed something else, but it is still a level 3 !!!

I did my NNEB diploma many many years ago, and that is equivalent to a level 3 diploma ( and in fact, I think the new level 3 for childcare is based on the NNEB (but I could be wrong) I then did a cache level 3 diploma in home based childcare quite a few years ago as I wanted to update my knowledge and so much had changed ( such as the Children's Act ) but I am still qualified to level 3!

don't worry about it, it sounds like your friend is trying to make herself feel better about not finishing her course, where as you completed yours! well done!

as long as you keep up to date with changes ( and the forum is a VERY good place for that ) then, you will be as up to date as anyone.

xxx

Simona
17-11-2015, 10:31 AM
can i ask the more knowledgable amongst you what the difference in the level 3 s are .i recently did mine funded by my la with the childcare company (if i cant put that please delete) so i am now the proud owner of cache level 3 diploma for the children and young people s work force. yet afriend of mine seems to think this is a bit of a rubbish level 3 and her one which she didnt finish was better .opinions please

The new Level 3 is now called Early Years Educator (EYE).
CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) (QCF) (http://www.cache.org.uk/Qualifications/EYE/Pages/CACHE-Level-3-Diploma-for-the-Early-Years-Workforce-(Early-Years-Educator)-(QCF)-.aspx)

It has been revised and ...yes it has many NNEB elements in it....mainly hours of hands-on practice
It is awarded by CACHE...just like your previous level 3 which is still valid ....and is suitable for the EY workforce.

The only difference is that there is not much chance of being funded for the EYE now ...unless you are under 24...while your Level 3 would have been fully funded by your LA when they had plenty of cash to support our qualifications.

Your level 3 would allow you to proceed and get to a Foundation Degree if you wanted to carry on with your studies.

Good luck!