PDA

View Full Version : 8 seater car!

Bonitots
14-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Have been lurking for some while but new to posting! Can anyone help with an 8 seater car question? I am a childminder with an assistant. From January, I will have six children under 5 plus my assistant. We've been getting buy with a combo of double buggies/carriers/understanding bus drivers so far, but I think we've got to the point where I need to invest in an 8 seater car.

I've found the toyota previa very affordable with good reviews. Can anyone confirm whether you can fit 3 car seats in each row in an 8 seater previa??! Thanks in advance!

loocyloo
15-11-2015, 06:00 PM
sorry, I can't help with the Toyota Previa, but I knew a childminder who had a VW T5 (transporter) and she swopped the back seats for a bench seat, and I am pretty sure she used to get 6 car seats, plus herself and her assistant in the car!

I would ask her, but I've moved, she moved and we lost touch!

BallyH
15-11-2015, 07:55 PM
I currently drive an 8 seater citroen C8. I have a bench seat in the back and can't get 3 car seats in. So no good for you I'm afraid.

gef918
15-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Have been lurking for some while but new to posting! Can anyone help with an 8 seater car question? I am a childminder with an assistant. From January, I will have six children under 5 plus my assistant. We've been getting buy with a combo of double buggies/carriers/understanding bus drivers so far, but I think we've got to the point where I need to invest in an 8 seater car.

I've found the toyota previa very affordable with good reviews. Can anyone confirm whether you can fit 3 car seats in each row in an 8 seater previa??! Thanks in advance!

I have a seven seater previa and can fit 3 car seats in the middle row.

tulip0803
15-11-2015, 10:55 PM
I have a Hyundai i800 8 seater and can fit 3 car seats on both rows but to be able to move the middle row to access the back row you need to use an isofix seat without leg brace, a 3 point backed booster or put the rear facing carry seat or fit the 5 point carseat after you have strapped all the children in the back. I don't have more than 3 under 5s so not too much of a problem for me. The middle row is split 1:2 so can move just one side to get to the back.

It is a large 8 seater with a huge boot, I have 2 car seats, a single buggy and a double buggy in the boot of mine at the moment as I went from 3 LOs on Friday to 1 LO and 6 schoolies on Friday so had to swap the seats around.