PDA

View Full Version : TASK FROM INSPECTOR FOR PRE REG

Jessymax
14-11-2015, 05:11 PM
the ofsted inspector has asked me to put each area of eyfs o separate page then split into sub headings and put an example of an activity for 8-20m and 30-50m and expand on these can anyone tell me if they have been asked to do this and if so how much detail did u go into? thanks

JCrakers
14-11-2015, 05:58 PM
I've not heard of this before.. interesting :)

Is she coming back to look at it then? Or do you have to send it in?

Jessymax
14-11-2015, 06:11 PM
she is coming Monday she told me over phone along with all the other stuff she wants to see x

BallyH
14-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Wow. Sounds like a lot of work. I've not seen any other pre regers (is that a word?) asking about this. Just do as she says about the layout anyway and then try to think about each age group individually and how you would entertain/teach a child of that age.

Jessymax
14-11-2015, 07:01 PM
I must be unlucky

moggy
14-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Isn't that just a variation on one of the pre-reg booklet questions? Keep it simple, just show you understand the Areas and that children need things suitable for their age.

lollipop kid
14-11-2015, 07:30 PM
the ofsted inspector has asked me to put each area of eyfs o separate page then split into sub headings and put an example of an activity for 8-20m and 30-50m and expand on these can anyone tell me if they have been asked to do this and if so how much detail did u go into? thanks

Have a flick through Development Matters - save it to your desktop. This should help you with activity ideas and how to expand on them.

https://www.early-education.org.uk/development-matters-early-years-foundation-stage-eyfs-download

Good luck,

LK

Jessymax
14-11-2015, 07:47 PM
thanks x im probably being thick but completely gone blank and cant seem to think of anything for 'speaking' for either 8-20m or 30-50m?? any ideas I think I need a rest for the night! x

moggy
14-11-2015, 08:15 PM
thanks x im probably being thick but completely gone blank and cant seem to think of anything for 'speaking' for either 8-20m or 30-50m?? any ideas I think I need a rest for the night! x

Really, don't over think it, it is all in Dev Matters- ie:
Speaking 8-20mths: repeat back attempts at words, play with cars and go 'brmmm'.
Speaking 30-50m: Tell stories with repetition (like We're Going on a Bear Hunt).
It is as simple as that.