PDA

View Full Version : Charges

childminder54
13-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Who rounds charges up. Say 3-6.15 would you charge 3-7.

moggy
13-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Who rounds charges up. Say 3-6.15 would you charge 3-7.

I do contracted hours to the nearest half hour, so your example would be 3-6.30pm, just to keep the maths simple!
For extra hours outside my opening hours, I charge double to the nearest quarter hour.

AliceK
13-11-2015, 11:08 PM
No I don't, it will make parents not pick up until the time they are charged for lol. I will work in 15mins increments if needed although most of my hours are 30mins.

xx

Mouse
14-11-2015, 12:04 AM
I only charge in full hours. If a parent requested 3-6.15pm I would charge for four hours at £4 per hour, but I wouldn't tell them I was charging up until 7pm.

I would say to parents "3-6.15pm will be £16", with no mention of an hourly rate or that I was charging until 7. They are the hours I would then put on the contract. Parents really don't like paying for hours they don't need so if they said they wanted a 6.15pm finish, they're probably not going to be happy paying up until 7pm. And if you do say you're charging up until 7, you're going to have to be prepared to stay open until then.

I find it works for me to just give an overall fee, although it might make it a bit more difficult if you've quoted an hourly rate anywhere.

Kiddleywinks
14-11-2015, 06:34 AM
I only charge in full hours. If a parent requested 3-6.15pm I would charge for four hours at £4 per hour, but I wouldn't tell them I was charging up until 7pm.

I would say to parents "3-6.15pm will be £16", with no mention of an hourly rate or that I was charging until 7. They are the hours I would then put on the contract. Parents really don't like paying for hours they don't need so if they said they wanted a 6.15pm finish, they're probably not going to be happy paying up until 7pm. And if you do say you're charging up until 7, you're going to have to be prepared to stay open until then.

I find it works for me to just give an overall fee, although it might make it a bit more difficult if you've quoted an hourly rate anywhere.

:thumbsup: Yep! Me too!

Simona
15-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Very interesting how each cm decides on charges, whether by the hour or by the session....half hours or 15 minutes.

Please bear in mind that charges for before/after school care may have to change soon or...at least...be reviewed if they will form part of the 30 hours applicable to eligible children in the future.

Whatever you charge make sure you also add in the contract that charges will be 'reviewed' regularly

Thinking ahead I know but worth bearing this in mind...on Wednesday 25 November the Spending Review will give CMs an idea how we will be affected!