PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren twin traveller

Donkey
06-08-2008, 04:48 PM
does anyone have one of these??

I have the chance to buy one second hand thats hardly been used and need some advice...

LittleMissSparkles
06-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Ive got the maclaren Techno and its fab so if its a double of the single iyswim i would recommend it highly xxx

tht

Bushpig
06-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Maclaren is great!

Minstrel
06-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I have the double mclaren techno and its great i love mclaren too!!!!! Nice high handles if you are tall.

ajs
06-08-2008, 05:20 PM
i bought the macclaren twin 15 years ago when alex was born and it's still going strong albeit a little rusty

hard to push single handed though which is why i went for a 3 wheeler tourer as a spare

david wants me to get rid of the macclaren but i can't it's like an old friend

Minstrel
06-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Meant to say it works well for when the kiddies are different ages too. Although i didnt use it for very long, i got it when i had a newborn and a big for his age 2.5 year old.

charleyfarley
06-08-2008, 06:34 PM
I have the double mclaren techno and its great i love mclaren too!!!!! Nice high handles if you are tall.

I brought this one last week and love it

Carol xx

Chell
06-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I hated it, had it a couple of weeks and sold it. DS was 18mths when DD was born. When he was strapped into it wearing a winter coat he looked so squashed. It was heavy and bulky to lift, nothing like the single Maclarens at all.

The Mothercare Duolite style buggy is far better in my opinion, easier to lift, easier to push, far better shopping basket and an older child is comfy in it.

Angela234
06-08-2008, 07:11 PM
I have only had single Maclarens Quest breaks not very good otherwise nice buggy Techno xt little heavier can tip with bags on otherwise a great buggy

I need a double mine catches on steps so can't up and down

Angela

fionamal
06-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I love my McLaren Twin Traveller. Handles are really comfy and the seats recline independantly. It is a little bit heavy but is very sturdy and lasts for years. Ive had mine 5 years and its still like new.

Also got the single McLaren and its just as good

hbomb1
06-08-2008, 07:15 PM
I have not voted as I used to have one and although they are good, I found it very heavy and hard to manoeuvre. My boys had it for about a year and it looked good and did the job but I found it heavy once my youngest son grew.

I have recently invested in the M&P Twin Aria as it was the lightest one on the market that I could find.

Donkey
06-08-2008, 07:36 PM
I would love a p&t, but seeing as I am just starting out I can't afford the expense

its £40 and looks great!

LisaH
06-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I used to have one too but got rid cos it was just so heavy!!! I'm 5' tall and really struggled to push it up hill!! Lol

miffy
06-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Only ever had a single Maclaren buggy but it lasted years - don't suppose that's much help, sorry

Miffy xx

allinatiz
06-08-2008, 10:04 PM
I've borrowed one from my resource centre and find it fine to use, even thought we have a lot of hills round here and I don't drive. If I had a chance to buy one second hand for £40 I probably would.

Donkey
06-08-2008, 10:11 PM
the shops are at the top of a very steep hill, but the school is on the same level. bus stop is outside my house. worst case, I find some different shops and go on the bus:laughing:

either that or I get fit very quick :)

Chell
11-08-2008, 11:21 AM
I used to have one too but got rid cos it was just so heavy!!! I'm 5' tall and really struggled to push it up hill!! Lol

It hurt my wrists due to the shape of the handle bars. I also found it very heavy to lift into the car, it was an awkward shape to lift rather than being overly heavy if that makes sense.

The Mothercare Duolite is very similar to the Aria but cheaper.