PDA

View Full Version : Harder work than any of the mindees...

Mouse
10-11-2015, 04:24 PM
...that's my husband!

He arranged a meeting at home this morning, which is fine as they go into the lounge and we stay out of their way. I assumed he'd go into work afterwards, but no, he'd decided he'd have the whole day off :panic:

Apart from leaving stairgates open, leaving his paperwork on the floor then being surprised when a toddler got it and sitting in front of the children eating chocolate (we all know how cruel that is!), he spent most of the afternoon asking "should they be doing that?", "should they be playing with that?" and "do they usually do that?"

I did ask how he thought I usually managed without him here to guide me, but he didn't sense the sarcasm :laughing:

ziggy
10-11-2015, 04:28 PM
...that's my husband!

He arranged a meeting at home this morning, which is fine as they go into the lounge and we stay out of their way. I assumed he'd go into work afterwards, but no, he'd decided he'd have the whole day off :panic:

Apart from leaving stairgates open, leaving his paperwork on the floor then being surprised when a toddler got it and sitting in front of the children eating chocolate (we all know how cruel that is!), he spent most of the afternoon asking "should they be doing that?", "should they be playing with that?" and "do they usually do that?"

I did ask how he thought I usually managed without him here to guide me, but he didn't sense the sarcasm :laughing:

Oh no, sometimes they just dont get it, do they? You have my sympathies. When my husband was alive, he would quite often cook sausages for his breakfast just as I was giving mindees mid morning snack, then of course they all wanted sausages then wouldnt eat lunch lol. I look back on it and laugh now but it was so annoying at the time.

JCrakers
10-11-2015, 04:46 PM
:laughing:

DH usually works upstairs 3 days a week. He used to come down and play with the kids...but really all he used to do was wind them up into a mad frenzy and then go back upstairs, leaving me to scrape them off the ceiling :rolleyes:

I 'had words' and now he doesn't do it :laughing:

BallyH
10-11-2015, 06:21 PM
...that's my husband!

This made me laugh, especially his 'advice'. They just don't get it.

loocyloo
10-11-2015, 06:40 PM
;-) I don't know how I manage to work when dh is not here!;-)
He's always making 'helpful' suggestions!

bunyip
10-11-2015, 07:07 PM
...that's my husband!

Easy solution. If he does this a second time, send the mindees into the room, telling them how DD has a 'planned activity' for them. He's arranging a game of 'offices' and wil be treating them all to chocolate.

I guarantee there'll not be a third time. :D

And as my erstwhile manager always said, "Ahh, meetings: the positive alternative to work." :D