PDA

View Full Version : Would you believe it

JCrakers
10-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Well after my inspection last month where the inspector said she wanted to see some 'readily available mark making items' , my 7yr old mindee has come in from school, set up the easel with paper and pens and is playing role play schools with my 3 little ones.

They are all practising their letters and she is going through the alphabet with them, with alphabet magnets and they are copying her. She's also got the chalks out for the chalk wall and pretending to be the teacher.

Can you believe it....Where's the inspector when you need her :laughing:

Now its PE apparently...:thumbsup:

loocyloo
10-11-2015, 04:15 PM
:-) my schoolies love playing schools with the little ones.

I love listening to them getting the 2 yr olds to copy them counting and saying the alphabet!

JCrakers
10-11-2015, 04:18 PM
:-) my schoolies love playing schools with the little ones.

I love listening to them getting the 2 yr olds to copy them counting and saying the alphabet!

They do it a lot but I just forgot to tell the inspector on the day. This would have been a great thing to mention. My head was so full of other stuff. :mad:

Maza
10-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Maybe British Values is next on the timetable. Then you're sorted!

BallyH
10-11-2015, 05:57 PM
JCrackers hindsight is a wonderful thing. This is a good advet for writing everything in our sef, because on inspection day we don't remember. Have fun watching your little teacher.

mumofone
10-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Sorry if I've asked before but did you do a SEF jcrackers? :-) x

bunyip
10-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Well after my inspection last month where the inspector said she wanted to see some 'readily available mark making items' , my 7yr old mindee has come in from school, set up the easel with paper and pens and is playing role play schools with my 3 little ones.

They are all practising their letters and she is going through the alphabet with them, with alphabet magnets and they are copying her. She's also got the chalks out for the chalk wall and pretending to be the teacher.

Can you believe it....Where's the inspector when you need her :laughing:

Now its PE apparently...:thumbsup:

Tip for next inspection.

Send the children out the front door, armed with spray paint and they can do a bit of freestyle "mark-making" on the inspectre's hatchback.

That'll learn 'em. ;)

watford wizz
10-11-2015, 07:11 PM
The "hatchback" could also cover soooo many other areas too numbers, technology, in/out on/off under/over wet/dry full/empty, emotional development (this may include watching the inspector turn funny colours, steam out ears etc), music, art, pretend play, imagination ..........

mumofone
10-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Haha I like bunyips comment!

Re. Mark making- ive seen examples of CMs doing chalk drawings and markings on Tarmac in public places such as a park, am I missing something but is that not graffiti?!

mama2three
10-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Haha I like bunyips comment!

Re. Mark making- ive seen examples of CMs doing chalk drawings and markings on Tarmac in public places such as a park, am I missing something but is that not graffiti?!

only until it next rains!
we also paint the snow with bottles and sprays ...I suppose that's graffiti too 'til it melts!

hectors house
10-11-2015, 09:33 PM
The "hatchback" could also cover soooo many other areas too numbers, technology, in/out on/off under/over wet/dry full/empty, emotional development (this may include watching the inspector turn funny colours, steam out ears etc), music, art, pretend play, imagination ..........

you forgot shoving a windmill up the exhaust (of the car or the inspector, take your pick)!

Kiddleywinks
10-11-2015, 11:24 PM
you forgot shoving a windmill up the exhaust (of the car or the inspector, take your pick)!

:eeeek:

Oh my! ;-)

JCrakers
11-11-2015, 09:15 AM
That'll learn 'em. ;)

:laughing::laughing:

Mumofone..I did 70% of my SEF due to the format change, not being able to log on for a few weeks, having to wait for my id to be posted out again and not having time to do it. My fault but then again I'm only human and prioritised other things.

Simona
11-11-2015, 09:28 AM
They do it a lot but I just forgot to tell the inspector on the day. This would have been a great thing to mention. My head was so full of other stuff. :mad:

Apart from looking at pens and pencils your inspector did not seem to notice all the rest of the clues about 'mark making'...she obviously missed them!!
yes we need to evidence practice but inspectors also need to use their eyes and ...maybe...spot the sand...or other tell telling activities??

Not sure why but mark making has been a topic for discussion recently ...shame Tribal/Prospects have not got their hands on that lovely 'Mark making matters' document in the National Strategies!

If anyone is waiting for an inspection I would recommend to keep that document somewhere online easy to access if any inspector makes a judgement on mark making and looking just for pens and pencils!

mumofone
11-11-2015, 09:42 PM
:laughing::laughing: Mumofone..I did 70% of my SEF due to the format change, not being able to log on for a few weeks, having to wait for my id to be posted out again and not having time to do it. My fault but then again I'm only human and prioritised other things.

No completely, I totally get you :-) x