PDA

View Full Version : mad panic help pleaseeeee xx

Jessymax
10-11-2015, 03:54 PM
so just had ofsted inspector call me to tell me what she will what to see at my registration on Monday

she spoke lots about eyfs and policies and 2 year progress check then said I will need to explain about British values prevent duty HELP I have no idea and have never even heard of these before?! I have just been reading up and printing 2 lots of guidance on them and im going to write about 'my responsibilities'

any help greatly welcomed!

lastly any particular first aid kits we need and must we have fire blankets or is fire extinguisher enough? I am seriously worrying she will fail me after I feel ive prepared so much to have this sprung on me that I no nothing about

:( :(

JCrakers
10-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Is this a Pre-Reg?

If so don't panic, usually she only comes out to check the premises and chat with you. Tell her that you are in the middle of reading up everything you need to know. Just start to familiarise yourself with the EYFS and have a copy on your computer.

I'm not sure why she's asking you to know it already?

Don't worry, you wont fail.

I don't have a fire extinguisher, I don't think its a necessity. I do have a fire blanket but don't even know if this is needed. Smoke detectors are a must on each level :thumbsup:

BallyH
10-11-2015, 04:26 PM
She will check that you are familiar with all of these. Read up on them. You can't do a 2 year old check if you've got no children. I don't have a fire extinguisher. I've got a fire blanket. And snoke alarms. I bought my recent 1st aid kit on my last first aid course. Best of luck.

Jessymax
10-11-2015, 04:45 PM
thanks both

its my pre reg yes but this is what she said on phone I needed to know about so ive just done an a4 page on british values and prevent duty and am already feeling better about it hope its ok!

im not planning on starting until jan as having bit of work done on house so will inform her of this on mon e.g. why I don't have EVERYTHING that I should yet but got a list of what im going to get

hope shes nice!

Simona
11-11-2015, 09:12 AM
so just had ofsted inspector call me to tell me what she will what to see at my registration on Monday

she spoke lots about eyfs and policies and 2 year progress check then said I will need to explain about British values prevent duty HELP I have no idea and have never even heard of these before?! I have just been reading up and printing 2 lots of guidance on them and im going to write about 'my responsibilities'

any help greatly welcomed!

lastly any particular first aid kits we need and must we have fire blankets or is fire extinguisher enough? I am seriously worrying she will fail me after I feel ive prepared so much to have this sprung on me that I no nothing about

:( :(

If you are in the process of registering ...which I think we had gathered from your previous comments....you must attend a training that prepares you to work according to the EYFs and related current legislation and regulation.

Your LAs should have offered you this opportunity ...it is their duty....or you could have attended a 'Pre registration' training anywhere of your choice.

In that training you would have been informed about British Values and Prevent Duty..these are also mentioned in the new Common Inspection Framework which is what you will eventually be inspected by Tribal/Prospects

Good luck!