PDA

View Full Version : Feather crafts

mumofone
10-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Ok so I ask this with a great deal of trepidation(!!), I have just bought a lovely bag of craft feathers in bright colours and wondered if anyone has any feather related crafts they've done or seen that they can recommend. I had a paper plate peacock in mind as one activity that I saw and liked. I'm afraid I'm not on pininterest so can't access all the great stuff on there :-)
X

loocyloo
10-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Sticking them in playdough or clay is a good fine motor skill.

It's very easy to sign up to pinterest and you don't have to use your own name or anything resembling your name! I don't do Facebook or anything like that, but I do collect 'pins' on pinterest. (With a totally made up name) I'm actually finding really useful to be able to easily find pages/websites I like, rather than save them to my favourites which I was doing.

mumofone
10-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Sticking them in playdough or clay is a good fine motor skill.

It's very easy to sign up to pinterest and you don't have to use your own name or anything resembling your name! I don't do Facebook or anything like that, but I do collect 'pins' on pinterest. (With a totally made up name) I'm actually finding really useful to be able to easily find pages/websites I like, rather than save them to my favourites which I was doing.

Oh i bet my mindees would have a field day with sticking them in playdough!

Daisy1956
10-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Not really a craft activity but my little ones love wafting them about the floor with a piece of card. Older ones have races with them as well.

BallyH
10-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Not really a craft activity but my little ones love wafting them about the floor with a piece of card. Older ones have races with them as well.

That's a lovely idea plus could be used when comparing sizing and weighing.