PDA

View Full Version : thoughts please...

Jessymax
08-11-2015, 06:50 PM
I had the call from ofsted on Friday night she had booked my inspection in but is ringing back tomorrow to explain what she will want to see she sounded really nice so that's good.

I am abit unsure on what to do regarding paperwork for each child...

I am thinking of getting a note pad/ book for each child which will contain (for babies a more detailed diary of there day to day routine plus obs and next steps ) and for older children a simpler jotting of day to day stuff plus obs and next steps.. I have printed sheets for trackers and a summary sheet that I will do every 3 months and send home. do u think this is ok?

lastly is anywhere aware if (with signed permission) we are able to use ipads for observations and taking pictures and either emailing or whatsapping great pics i.e when little one is settling in or done something imparticlarly spectacular to send to parents then detailing straight away?

thanks in advance in a bit of a fluster cant believe they have called so soon its only been 4 weeks since I applied! x

BallyH
08-11-2015, 07:31 PM
I had the call from ofsted on Friday night she had booked my inspection in but is ringing back tomorrow to explain what she will want to see she sounded really nice so that's good.

I am abit unsure on what to do regarding paperwork for each child...

I am thinking of getting a note pad/ book for each child which will contain (for babies a more detailed diary of there day to day routine plus obs and next steps ) and for older children a simpler jotting of day to day stuff plus obs and next steps.. I have printed sheets for trackers and a summary sheet that I will do every 3 months and send home. do u think this is ok?

lastly is anywhere aware if (with signed permission) we are able to use ipads for observations and taking pictures and either emailing or whatsapping great pics i.e when little one is settling in or done something imparticlarly spectacular to send to parents then detailing straight away?

thanks in advance in a bit of a fluster cant believe they have called so soon its only been 4 weeks since I applied! x
I'm assuming this is your pre reg visit? The inspector will come out to chat and advise you. It will be ok. You can ask them many questions. They are there to see if you are suitable and it will be the easiest Ofsted insoection you will ever have. What you are explaining for each child, ie, the books sounds good.
I use my ipad and whatApp to take pictures and videos for each child's leaning journey. It is ok IF you have the parents' permission. You have to get them to sign a permission form with each 'gadget' listed in it. You also have to be a member of the ico, for data protection. Annual membership is roughly £30.
Enjoy your visit.

Jessymax
08-11-2015, 07:36 PM
thanku so much that's super helpful no doubt I will have more questions soon. yeh its pre reg so when she rings tomorrow to tell me what she wants to see I can get it all organised for the week after x

sarah707
08-11-2015, 08:50 PM
The inspector should give you a pre-reg booklet to work through. That will tell you the kind of questions she will ask.

I hope it goes well! :D