PDA

View Full Version : quick reply appreciated parent coming in the morn..

Jessymax
07-11-2015, 09:11 PM
can anyone please share with me how much deposit they take? isit depending on how many days the parent wants obviously more deposit for a fulltimer?
because otherwise they would be paying in arrears and I would have no 'hold over them' In the nicest possible way hope u understand what I mean?

lastly how much do u all charge for before/after school?##thanku so much!

moggy
07-11-2015, 09:18 PM
To reserve a place (for up to 12 weeks in advance), I take 4-weeks fees as a 'reservation deposit' and refund against the first month's fees once the place is taken up. But some people keep the reservation deposit and refund at the end of the contract or use for the notice period.

For me, signed contracts + deposit paid = place is reserved for them.

They all pay on 1st of the month in advance (so 1st Dec for December's fees), so no pay = no care!

I don't do schoolies so can't help there.

Jessymax
07-11-2015, 09:23 PM
that's great idea for paying begin of month and if they do any extra days I presume u record this and add it to next months?

AliceK
07-11-2015, 09:24 PM
To reserve a place (for up to 12 weeks in advance), I take 4-weeks fees as a 'reservation deposit' and refund against the first month's fees once the place is taken up. But some people keep the reservation deposit and refund at the end of the contract or use for the notice period.

For me, signed contracts + deposit paid = place is reserved for them.

They all pay on 1st of the month in advance (so 1st Dec for December's fees), so no pay = no care!

I don't do schoolies so can't help there.

I do exactly the same but I take 2 weeks deposit and then this is refunded against the first invoice. All my parents pay in advance, I don't do payment in arrears.

xx

hectors house
07-11-2015, 10:23 PM
I just take £25 for each day they want reserved - have a new baby starting in January and I have taken a £75 deposit - I know it's not much if the parent backs out at the last minute but hopefully enough to make them think twice. I say deposit will be taken off the last months money when they leave.

My parents all pay in advance but obviously if they left without giving notice at the end of the month I would have been paid for care provided but not for the 4 weeks notice.

loocyloo
08-11-2015, 09:13 AM
I just take £25 for each day they want reserved - have a new baby starting in January and I have taken a £75 deposit - I know it's not much if the parent backs out at the last minute but hopefully enough to make them think twice. I say deposit will be taken off the last months money when they leave.

My parents all pay in advance but obviously if they left without giving notice at the end of the month I would have been paid for care provided but not for the 4 weeks notice.

I charge £100 deposit that is returned in last month's fees, and like someone else (rickysmith?) I now say that it won't be returned in first 6 mths. Upset one family who said they couldn't have known granny was moving closer to look after child. I said no...But child could stay with me one more month and then deposit would be refunded ... They said no ... that last month would only have cost them a few pounds with refund!